Suffering Soul | Teen Ink

Suffering Soul

By hayli:) BRONZE, Vidor, Texas
hayli:) BRONZE, Vidor, Texas

When I was young, you ment so much to me. You were my idol, what i wanted to be. Then morning came, and night passed. Nothing good seemed to last. You started to changed this and that.. God, i prayed, please change him back.. Nothings the same without you around. The remains of my heart you nailed to the ground. Sometimes I wonder what you hated so much, about this family that you used to love. But I guess the others.. that you chose over us. Had way much more that you could love. And I guess that you'll never see.. What you've truely done to me. But the truth is dad, that behind all of that. My suffering soul... can never go back.

on Jun. 17 2010 at 5:58 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

This is so beautiful. & I'm also v. sorry, but things will get better. Don't let him get you down. Be strong. You'll do great.

ChelseaSmith said...
on Mar. 10 2010 at 12:51 pm
ChelseaSmith, Levant, Maine
Wow, I really think that is amazing. I could just put all the pieces together and like, its amazing, so. . . I dont know, It was extremely good. ( ::

It was sad though because I can only imagine the loss, Sorry :/

on Jan. 11 2010 at 8:48 pm
EmmieLette BRONZE, Beaumont, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"It's better to be hated for what one is,
than to be loved for what one is not. "~ Andre Gide

This was amazing to read for myself.I'm in your elar class and I didn't see how emotional this was.It's amazing how well worded it was,how much emotion was put into it.I can sort of relate,my father committing suicide and all.This reminds me sort of of him in some of the lines.Overall,you are amazing in this writing,and I hope you are not so hurting about what happened.

Ms. KattyKat said...
on Jan. 6 2010 at 5:27 pm
I totaly feel your pain my dad lives in tenesee and has 4 kids. It feels as if ive been replaced........

please continue writing!

hayli said...
on Jan. 2 2010 at 8:57 pm
thank you soo much. you have no idea how much this means to me. :) thank you once again.

IAMBOB said...
on Dec. 25 2009 at 6:35 pm
THIS POEM IS BOTH AMAZING AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME. THE FACT THAT SOMEONE WHO IS HURT SO MUCH, BETRAYED IN HER MIND BY A PARENT, CAN PRESENT HER FEELINGS IN SUCH A VERY WELL WRITTEN POEM IS A TESTIMONY TO THE FORTITUDE AND COURAGE OF THIS YOUNG LADY. I DARESAY THAT HER FATHER IS THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE DEVASTATED BY THE LOSS OF HIS DAUGHTER FROM HIS LIFE.