You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

dinosaurhifives said...
I can relate to this poem so much. One of my best friends has changed so much, I don't even think we relate anymore. 

Jaycee92 said...
Mar. 22, 2012 at 9:38 am
Great poem!

Kianie_B. said...
I dislike it when my friends change for the worse. ]: Totally relatable sonnet! Nice job!

nauset.johnson said...
Whats good about this poem is that it will always be true, like much of Shakespeare's work. Although like his, it's not in Shakespearean Sonnet form, or any other form I am aware of. With that said, I think this poem is great and the rhyming that it does have is perfect. Personally, I am not a fan of poems that every line rhymes somewhere; I like ones where there is a little rhyme here and there, giving it a definite song sense. Overalll, a job well done.

TrishhG said...
This poem was really good and I feel relevant as well. I really do feel as if it describes my relationship with some people. Really Good :)

DaiDaii said...
Hey, This is really good this is my first time on the site and I already see awesome things you have a talent!! Cherish it

Ella1 said...
This is a great poem and I can definitely relate :) Would you mind reading my poem A Pink Watch, Portal, and Perpetual Sea?

chloe_garrett said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 8:42 am
This poem is amazing. I can definitely relate. I'd love it if you could check out some of my poems and leave a comment and rating. I really like the way you write.

Kate298 said...
Loved this poem, I tagged it as a favorite :) I can totally relate to the topic, my poems are very similar to this one.

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I did enjoy it Blue, I really enjoyed the rhyming and the read !!!

Call.Me.Clueless said...
I love this poem! It's very easy to relate to.

rescuetruck607 said...
love it!! keep up the good work!

vazenitran98 said...
Love it!What a great poem!

northursday said...
This is great, but the structure is wrong for a sonnet. I love the message, though.

aurorairis said...

I love this! It is so profound and relatable! I know exactly what you are talking about!

Please check out some of my work!

TheDance said...
I know exactly what you mean. With my exboyfriend, and my best friend it's exactly the same way. I can't stand it, and it makes me sad. It makes me remember the really good days we had together and how they used to act. I wish they still acted that way. I wish they were still the people I knew and loved.

Fia-fia said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:18 am

This is a wonderful poem. I agree with wat you are saying but i also take from it something else. I am also seeing it not as a friend, but like if you had an old boyfriend or girlfriend, and things have changed. THank you!

:)

MakenzieB. said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:29 am
I can totally relate to this. It's the same case as going back to school after summer's over and your friends act like they don't even know you ar want to be near you anymore. Great piece of work! Keep on writing!

Dollface2012 said...
This poem is great ! The emotion it evokes is very easy to relate to. Such a short lenghted poem telling such a long story. I like this poem alot.

Torri_123 said...
I can totally relate to this poem...it's a great poem