You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

AMAWHI said...
May 21, 2012 at 10:37 am
This poem is so beautiful. You use good metaphors with a golden heart. You are definitely an amazing poem writer. Definitely keep writing.

Nicole67 said...
May 18, 2012 at 11:39 am
I have already commented on this before but i love it so much haha. I can relate to it a lot because i used to have a friend and he changed but i never did.

stephan95 said...
May 18, 2012 at 9:13 am

i felt the same way too about my so called _best friend_ this...

i totally get what u r going through

+great poem

QueenOfMars said...
May 17, 2012 at 6:14 am
I've felt the same way about my so-called best friend. I can connect to each line in your poem... Absolutely good. 

JamieNicole said...
May 16, 2012 at 7:32 am
I love this poem so much i'm gonna tattoo this on my wrist for sure.

Kyra_McN said...
May 16, 2012 at 7:16 am
This is extraordinary, it touched me. 

TTTeeSS said...
May 16, 2012 at 7:12 am
This is really amazing. It touched me.

Special Me said...
I think it was a great poem. You used a great simile comparing how he changed to how the leaves fall off a tree. Also I could hear the Rhythm of the poem. It was a great poem.

erin m said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:11 am

I liked this poem because it had good rhythm and flowed well.

I also liked it because it had personification

MiaUnwritten said...
Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:02 am
Somehow I feel this piece was written for me. I so can relate, I mean really relate to what you wrote. So true too, I love it.

MusicRox1310 said...
This is such a truthful poem.  You conveyed your idea well and I can relate to this so much! Awesome job! This is going to my favorites!

irishdancer97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I can really relate to this. I really hate when that happens, especially when it's happening right before your eyes and you can't do anything to stop it.

demos said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:49 am
most truthful poem ive seen inna min

CTS207 said...
Very well doneand easily relateable, good work

dinosaurhifives said...
I can relate to this poem so much. One of my best friends has changed so much, I don't even think we relate anymore. 

Jaycee92 said...
Mar. 22, 2012 at 9:38 am
Great poem!

Kianie_B. said...
I dislike it when my friends change for the worse. ]: Totally relatable sonnet! Nice job!

nauset.johnson said...
Whats good about this poem is that it will always be true, like much of Shakespeare's work. Although like his, it's not in Shakespearean Sonnet form, or any other form I am aware of. With that said, I think this poem is great and the rhyming that it does have is perfect. Personally, I am not a fan of poems that every line rhymes somewhere; I like ones where there is a little rhyme here and there, giving it a definite song sense. Overalll, a job well done.

TrishhG said...
This poem was really good and I feel relevant as well. I really do feel as if it describes my relationship with some people. Really Good :)

DaiDaii said...
Hey, This is really good this is my first time on the site and I already see awesome things you have a talent!! Cherish it