You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

RyanM. said...
That's what my friends think of me, but I see it as they haven't changed for the better they stayed the same.
RyanM. replied...
Oh and amazing job by the way
Delilah..2 said...
i love this poem is it a sonnet
DreamingOfNirvana said...
This poem is amazing, so true and relatable! Great job!
shayKittyFlcoka said...
Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:55 am
love this poem..shows howb ppl change we no one is lookin. great job!
love_bird said...
this is really good! i wish i could write one like this  
VickyNickyKitty said...
I loved this poem.  It was one of the most beautiful poems that I have ever read.  I think that everybody can relate to this poem in some way.  Wonderful job!
1stclasspoetrylover said...
Really beautiful work. It almost brought me to tears becuase it reminded me of a very close friend of mine that I lost. He/she becmae a different entity when i saw them; lost in negative thoughts and drained of life. Friendships can last forever, and we will remember them, but sometimes those memories about them are the only thing that we can relate to, because the current state of our friend(s), aren't like they use to be. Thanks again
IfLifeGivesYouLemons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's a greay poem...but it's not a sonnet. There isn't a defined meter to it, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the rhyming pattern is wrong. It's an excellent piece of writing, but it's in the wrong category. 
grace1017 replied...
You're right! This isnt a sonnet. A true sonnet has iambic pentameter. Which means the each line has ten syllables each. A true sonnet also has 3 stanza's and one closing statement with two lines. The first stanza needs to have a problem. The second is for when the problem gets worse and the third is a possible solution. The last two lines in the closing statement are for the solution. ALL LINES MUST HAVE TEN SYLLABLES EACH. (I did all caps to make it obvious or something... i dunno.)&nb... (more »)
DreamingOfNirvana replied...
Well you can still have a sonnet without the iambic pentameter can't you? I just learned about sonnets in honors english and the iambic pentameter and stuff but our teacher told us that we could write a sonnet without that. Do they ALL NEED THAT EVERY TIME?
urbanhippieyo replied...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:42 am
Sonnets are comprised of 14 lines consisting of iambic pentameter.
MidnightWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:02 am
I met a friend on the city bus a week and a half ago. I hadn't spoken much to him in over a year. I guess he gave up on me. Anyway, I understand that lifeless feeling we see in someone's eyes. It's like looking into the face of a stranger, even though we used to know almost everything about them; we don't anymore. They don't know us. We have to leave it that way. 
Chloenhearts said...
Im not sure if you turned this in for a grade in school, but your poem was amazing. And sad. lol. But your rhyme scheme was off and so was the lines in the paragraphs. Soo I kind of changed your poem a little and hopefully you wont care if I turn it in as a grade. So it goes: (line 1)I saw you today, but youre not as I remember. (line 2) Your eyes no longer smile (line 3) Youve changed since last september (Line 4) I would travel for that old you miles and miles. 2nd paragraph: (Line 1) In my ... (more »)
CallMeAlex98 said...
I feel the same way about my ex-bestfriend. 
Lea28 said...
This is so good. Keep it up !
dotsonboy99 said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 11:12 am
this was a very unique and well written.
littlekittynekocat said...
Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:54 am
when i recently started school this year i came back and my cousin who i love dearly who comes to my school has begun to dis life and i am afraid of losing her
TheSkyOwesMeRain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
aww :( I know what that feels like!
The_Quiet_Girl said...
Sept. 28, 2012 at 10:07 am
what a sad poem :/ i can relate to this