You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

LittleMissFire said...
Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:43 am
Your poems very relatable. I like it a lot  
Terry_A said...
I feel like I can relate to this since I saw an old friend a few days ago. They were really different from what I remember them as. Overall, great poem!
Buurrry said...
The poem is very relatable. You convey the disapointment of seeing someone change with out you very well. I enjoyed this poem.
Annneee said...
I love this poem so much. I loved the theme of fall incorporated into this. Also, I can most definitely relate to how people change, and not for the better. Great poem overall.
Wingless said...
Really great poem! ^_^ I love it!
xG4RY said...
Why did you call this a sonnet? What type is it? It is written in Iambic Pentameter, tretrameter, monometer, ect? Did you even pick A Iamb, trochee, dactyl or anapest to start from? The rhyme scheme doesn't even really match a form of any sonnet.
Megan G. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:54 am
@xG4RY, I agree. It's a great poem, but I wouldn't call it a sonnet. 
DreamWeaver said...
I've been looking for a poem that described how I felt on this subject. Couldn't find a good one until this one! It's beautiful. 
Merla said...
Sept. 11, 2013 at 9:55 am
I liked this poem. It was simple and beautiful. I liked the flow, the spaces, the feeling. Good work.  
catwithglasses said...
I'm not able to relate to this, but your poem is very well written. I can picture it.
SamanthaW said...
I can really relate to this poem. I've experienced this quite a few times :/ You did a great job with it :)
Cassie1435 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Akshay09121 said...
awesum...!! poem
dark_armor1 said...
wow i honestly love this poem! it was simple and sweet. very good job.
anonymous said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:23 am
Just thought I'd let you know...I read your sonnet a couple of weeks ago while looking for inspiration for my own sonnet I had to write for a class assignment. I thought it was truly amazing and inspired me to write my own sonnet that wasn't boring, completely comprised of shakespearean language and make me want to pull my hair out as I wrote it. A couple of days ago we presented to the class and this guy read out the sonnet he had written, I couldn't help but think I'd ... (more »)
beccalynn1663 said...
This poem is really incredible. Anyone can relate to this and you did an amazing job:)
Seductive_Symphony said...
Very deep and emotional. I feel this way a lot whenever me and a very close friend drift apart and its just totally awkward when you see them again. Love it!
LittleRedRidingHood said...
I love your poem! I think the idea's great, there were a couple of bits in which the rythum was very slightly off, but it was hardly noticable, so I think that it was still amazing! :0)
kincaid_ily said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:04 am
It looks like to me you were trying to write an english sonnet. But for future refferance here is rhyme schemes... Italin: a-b-b-a, a-b-b-a, c-d-e-c-d-e English: a-b-a-b, c-d-c-d, e-f-e-f, g-g.
lysha said...
this was extremely good!