You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Amalia said...
I really like this poem, it has a lot of emotion and is nicely written and has a good rhythm. I like the metaphorical meaning of this poem.

jennabrinks said...
Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:39 am
Awesome poem!

LynxTheTigerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this touched me in every way and i felt as tho i was watching my friendship with one my closest friend die over again in the process. Your wording is place so simply but yet so complicated that you say a lot with out saying

dpurdy said...
tjis is absolutely beautul

dpurdy replied...
this is so beautful

IndigoBluezThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Check out my work it would mean the world to me.

LynxTheTigerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
sure i would love to read ur work c: ill leave u a comment too!

Its is nice but it could be better. I like the flow but it seems like you didn't put your all into it.

Mae10 said...
Mar. 19, 2016 at 10:37 am
This is absolutely beautiful and well-written! Nice job!

Poetry101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 5, 2016 at 10:37 am
This is so good I love so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Squidy said...
This poem is one of my favorites because this reminded me of my experience with this.

Jakek6800 said...
Great poem, I like the stanza "You fell out of my life, Just like leaves in the fall. We were so very close, Now you're not here at all."

pandagirl10146 said...
This is beautiful i can relate to this i have had this happen to me meany times before. My favorite part of the poem is "you were full of live, now you are so cold, you personality has tarnished, when you once had a hart of gold.

OneOfTheNephilim said...
beautiful i love this

ZJcancel said...
Dec. 21, 2015 at 8:32 am
the line that i can relate to the most is ''You were so full of life, Yet now you are so cold. Your personality has tarnished, When you once had a heart of gold.''

badwolf429 said...
Dec. 15, 2015 at 9:03 am
I love this! I loved the "you've changed since last September" than when you said "I haven't changed since last September"

ImaginationIsImportantThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2015 at 9:46 am
You & Me reminds me of my ex best friend. 'We were so very close, now you're not here at all' relates to the situation. She left me for someone popular. She changed. I didn't. Reading this poem made me cry as it reminded me of her as she left my side in the month of September. This is a really nice piece though!

Araina said...
This reminds me of my ex boyfriend. He has changed so much, and it makes me sad that the person I loved no longer exists.

HaleyD. replied...
Dec. 9, 2015 at 11:17 am
This is exactly what I thought when reading this. It's crazy and indescribable how someone can change in a blink of an eye.