You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

littlekittynekocat said...
Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:54 am:
when i recently started school this year i came back and my cousin who i love dearly who comes to my school has begun to dis life and i am afraid of losing her

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
aww :( I know what that feels like!

The_Quiet_GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 28, 2012 at 10:07 am:
what a sad poem :/ i can relate to this

ZeesrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
What a beautifully sad poem! This is similar to what happened to someone I thought i knew.... Keep up the great work!!

jaclynpee said...
My ex best friend and i stopped talking about a year ago.  This poem reminds me of a few weeks ago i seen her walking, she looked so miserable.  

jaclynpee said...

SmokyRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love how it's so simple and quiet. It gives the perfect feeling of the sadness we feel when someone close has changed and we're left alone.

Sweetie2toCute said...
i really like this poem because it reminds me alot of myself and how ppl feel bout me and how ived changed. but as people only see wats on the outside as to wat we feel on the inside.

NinaQ said...
Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:40 am:
I favorited this 2 years ago, i come back upon this again and it is just as beautiful, this is something I truely need to keep me away from someone who's held me back for the new sophmore school year <3 please keep writing and share with us

missattitude said...
Jul. 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm:
I thought i was the only one who this had happened to... but thanks nice to know that i'm NOT alone!

orangeslice said...
Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:11 pm:
Wow, I love this. I had a friend like that, and it's nice to find something so relatable. Great work!

ALovelyGirl said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:20 pm:
I love how in the end you say you havent changed.

msprincess said...
Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:05 am:
this poem is so decent! I like it the beginning part is so good I like the whole poem and how you reflect towards the end ..

Shey22 said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:31 am:
I can relate to this and love the fact that I'm not the only one. Thank you for sharing this with us :D

lookatdatsoul This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm:
This is a similar message to what I was trying to convey in my sonnet entitled "Then". 

AMAWHI said...
May 21, 2012 at 10:37 am:
This poem is so beautiful. You use good metaphors with a golden heart. You are definitely an amazing poem writer. Definitely keep writing.

Nicole67 said...
May 18, 2012 at 11:39 am:
I have already commented on this before but i love it so much haha. I can relate to it a lot because i used to have a friend and he changed but i never did.

stephan95 said...
May 18, 2012 at 9:13 am:

i felt the same way too about my so called _best friend_ this...

i totally get what u r going through

+great poem

QueenOfMars said...
May 17, 2012 at 6:14 am:
I've felt the same way about my so-called best friend. I can connect to each line in your poem... Absolutely good. 

JamieNicole said...
May 16, 2012 at 7:32 am:
I love this poem so much i'm gonna tattoo this on my wrist for sure.