You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

badwolf429 said...
Dec. 15, 2015 at 9:03 am
I love this! I loved the "you've changed since last September" than when you said "I haven't changed since last September"

ImaginationIsImportantThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2015 at 9:46 am
You & Me reminds me of my ex best friend. 'We were so very close, now you're not here at all' relates to the situation. She left me for someone popular. She changed. I didn't. Reading this poem made me cry as it reminded me of her as she left my side in the month of September. This is a really nice piece though!

Araina said...
This reminds me of my ex boyfriend. He has changed so much, and it makes me sad that the person I loved no longer exists.

HaleyD.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 9, 2015 at 11:17 am
This is exactly what I thought when reading this. It's crazy and indescribable how someone can change in a blink of an eye.

Midnight101 said...
i love this....its true for me

waish said...
Nov. 10, 2015 at 1:29 am
i like this poem so much . if u guys have a minute than see my stuff to TeenInk.com/poetry/song_lyrics/article/836211/Im-Little-Bit-Alive/

Bray2 said...
Nov. 5, 2015 at 11:41 am
This poem reminds me of my old best friend and me. “I saw you today but not as I remember.” I saw my old best friend one day on the first day that I have not seen in over a year and he had changed so much, but I hadn’t changed at all.

Rynn750 replied...
Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:12 am
Same here. My best friend/boyfriend went to college three months ago. It's really sad that we were so close but now he's changed to where he no longer talks to me a lot and has better friends.

Adup5 said...
I can relate to “You & Me” because it brings me back to the day of my Grandpa’s funeral, and how different he looked from the last time I saw him. The line “You were so full of life, Yet now you are so cold” stands out to me because he was lifeless (pale) and his body was cold, but my heart cried to match his heart beat one more time. Then, I remembered how he seen me last time, and how he would want to see me the day of his funeral.

angeltreshon said...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 11:29 am
The line that caught my attention from this poem was “You’ve changed since last September”. This line reminds me of my ex who constantly calls and tells me how I’ve changed since our break up in the month of September.

Gennyelizaabeth said...
reminded me of my ex best guy friend

Izzy777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is such a great poem. I, personally can relate to having A LOT of people around me changing and me staying the same. This poem as inspired me. Thank you!

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2015 at 11:59 am
This poem makes me feel so sad......but this is the truth, isn't it? People change, and that's life, but it still hurts to no end. This is an amazing piece though, great job!

Rach said...
May 21, 2015 at 1:25 am
I know this probably sounds weird, but does qnyone happen to know the author. im doing an assignment on this and i really REALLY need to know!

unicorns97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5, 2015 at 9:12 am
I have felt this do many times. This is an amazing!

Zeeshan said...
May 1, 2015 at 11:25 am
I can surely relate. Its pretty sad. Amazing peice of work!

NoNamer0102 said...
That was nice

. said...
Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:35 am
How pretty!

lucyyyyy217462873 said...
Mar. 2, 2015 at 5:16 am
this isn't a sonnet

GabbyobelarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is my life.