You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

catwithglassesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm:
I'm not able to relate to this, but your poem is very well written. I can picture it.

SamanthaWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:31 pm:
I can really relate to this poem. I've experienced this quite a few times :/ You did a great job with it :)

Cassie1435This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:40 pm:
GREAT POEM! I LOVE IT

Akshay09121 said...
Jun. 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm:
awesum...!! poem

dark_armor1 said...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm:
wow i honestly love this poem! it was simple and sweet. very good job.

anonymous said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:23 am:
Just thought I'd let you know...I read your sonnet a couple of weeks ago while looking for inspiration for my own sonnet I had to write for a class assignment. I thought it was truly amazing and inspired me to write my own sonnet that wasn't boring, completely comprised of shakespearean language and make me want to pull my hair out as I wrote it. A couple of days ago we presented to the class and this guy read out the sonnet he had written, I couldn't help but think I'd ... (more »)

beccalynn1663 said...
This poem is really incredible. Anyone can relate to this and you did an amazing job:)

Seductive_Symphony said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:16 pm:
Very deep and emotional. I feel this way a lot whenever me and a very close friend drift apart and its just totally awkward when you see them again. Love it!

LittleRedRidingHood said...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:06 pm:
I love your poem! I think the idea's great, there were a couple of bits in which the rythum was very slightly off, but it was hardly noticable, so I think that it was still amazing! :0)

kincaid_ily said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:04 am:
It looks like to me you were trying to write an english sonnet. But for future refferance here is rhyme schemes... Italin: a-b-b-a, a-b-b-a, c-d-e-c-d-e English: a-b-a-b, c-d-c-d, e-f-e-f, g-g.

lysha said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:45 pm:
this was extremely good!

RyanM.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm:
That's what my friends think of me, but I see it as they haven't changed for the better they stayed the same.

RyanM.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm :
Oh and amazing job by the way

Delilah..2 said...
Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 pm:
i love this poem is it a sonnet

DreamingOfNirvana said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:01 pm:
This poem is amazing, so true and relatable! Great job!

shayKittyFlcoka said...
Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:55 am:
love this poem..shows howb ppl change we no one is lookin. great job!

love_bird said...
this is really good! i wish i could write one like this  

VickyNickyKitty said...
I loved this poem.  It was one of the most beautiful poems that I have ever read.  I think that everybody can relate to this poem in some way.  Wonderful job!

1stclasspoetrylover said...
Really beautiful work. It almost brought me to tears becuase it reminded me of a very close friend of mine that I lost. He/she becmae a different entity when i saw them; lost in negative thoughts and drained of life. Friendships can last forever, and we will remember them, but sometimes those memories about them are the only thing that we can relate to, because the current state of our friend(s), aren't like they use to be. Thanks again

IfLifeGivesYouLemons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's a greay poem...but it's not a sonnet. There isn't a defined meter to it, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the rhyming pattern is wrong. It's an excellent piece of writing, but it's in the wrong category.