You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Henrymcc8 said...
I'm glad that I saw thus poem. This is really sad, and it really touches my heart. It was also really powerful. Great poem! Glad I read it!

interestingchoiceofwords said...
Short, but powerful. Sometimes people can give poems unnecessary length, but yours was perfect. On top of that, you mentioned no names, no specific events, and yet you still have about 800 people relating to it!

Mr.WordExpertThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9, 2016 at 5:31 am
amazing.. lovey

FallenAngel11283 said...
Hello, I ran across your writing I'm very glad I found it. It's truly amazing my favorite line is, Your eyes no longer sparkle, You've changed since last September. Your a truly good writer.. Keep up the good work! I will be reading what you publish from now on. Have a wonderful day

Reni.Fowler33 said...
May 23, 2016 at 9:48 am
I love it! Its perfect!

kendal.26 said...
This is truly amazing!

Nated315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19, 2016 at 10:52 am
its a wonDerful pieCe that you've wrItten. I can feel it! emotIon aNd the wORding is so PeRfEcT. tHAnk yOu foR wRiting This!!!!

cheetahsdontroarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. That was beautiful. You have true talent. Not many people can create sonnets that flow so naturally.

Skatergirl152 said...
May 4, 2016 at 11:02 am
so beautiful

CoverFireStyx said...
May 4, 2016 at 9:32 am
Hey, im the changed one.

dpurdy said...
amazing poem

WhYsOsErIoUsSs said...
Apr. 26, 2016 at 9:51 am
Absolutely heart touching :)

Rogateeeeer said...
Apr. 26, 2016 at 8:02 am
interesting

da_goat said...
Apr. 26, 2016 at 7:55 am
Wow! Great poem! It's very deep-down and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this poem in some way.

Tkenns said...
I was wondering if this poem was based off of one of your true experiences If anyone has time to check my work out I do mostly short free verse poems. I'll post a link in case anyone wants to check it out!

lizfergusonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lovely work.

Hailea said...
amazing! finally some talent!!!

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18, 2016 at 10:34 am
Amazing!!!

King said...
Thank you for this. I loved it, simple and strong.

Kinsleighbrown said...
Apr. 6, 2016 at 10:33 am
This is soo touching! I once had a friend that had left my life. I can really relate to this poem and I really like it.