You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

FallenAngel11283This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 2:59 pm
Hello, I ran across your writing I'm very glad I found it. It's truly amazing my favorite line is, Your eyes no longer sparkle, You've changed since last September. Your a truly good writer.. Keep up the good work! I will be reading what you publish from now on. Have a wonderful day

Reni.Fowler33 said...
May 23 at 9:48 am
I love it! Its perfect!

kendal.26 said...
May 19 at 12:00 pm
This is truly amazing!

Nated315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19 at 10:52 am
its a wonDerful pieCe that you've wrItten. I can feel it! emotIon aNd the wORding is so PeRfEcT. tHAnk yOu foR wRiting This!!!!

cheetahsdontroarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17 at 4:08 pm
Wow. That was beautiful. You have true talent. Not many people can create sonnets that flow so naturally.

Skatergirl152 said...
May 4 at 11:02 am
so beautiful

CoverFireStyx said...
May 4 at 9:32 am
Hey, im the changed one.

dpurdy said...
May 3 at 12:19 pm
amazing poem

WhYsOsErIoUsSs said...
Apr. 26 at 9:51 am
Absolutely heart touching :)

Rogateeeeer said...
Apr. 26 at 8:02 am
interesting

da_goat said...
Apr. 26 at 7:55 am
Wow! Great poem! It's very deep-down and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this poem in some way.

Tkenns said...
Apr. 21 at 8:46 pm
I was wondering if this poem was based off of one of your true experiences If anyone has time to check my work out I do mostly short free verse poems. I'll post a link in case anyone wants to check it out!

lizferguson said...
Apr. 21 at 1:38 pm
Lovely work.

Hailea said...
Apr. 18 at 8:24 pm
amazing! finally some talent!!!

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 10:34 am
Amazing!!!

King said...
Apr. 13 at 7:28 pm
Thank you for this. I loved it, simple and strong.

Kinsleighbrown said...
Apr. 6 at 10:33 am
This is soo touching! I once had a friend that had left my life. I can really relate to this poem and I really like it.

Amalia said...
Mar. 30 at 12:36 pm
I really like this poem, it has a lot of emotion and is nicely written and has a good rhythm. I like the metaphorical meaning of this poem.

jennabrinks said...
Mar. 30 at 8:39 am
Awesome poem!

LynxTheTigerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24 at 3:35 pm
this touched me in every way and i felt as tho i was watching my friendship with one my closest friend die over again in the process. Your wording is place so simply but yet so complicated that you say a lot with out saying