You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Rach said...
today at 1:25 am
I know this probably sounds weird, but does qnyone happen to know the author. im doing an assignment on this and i really REALLY need to know!

unicorns97 said...
May 5 at 9:12 am
I have felt this do many times. This is an amazing!

ZeeshanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 11:25 am
I can surely relate. Its pretty sad. Amazing peice of work!

NoNamer0102 said...
Apr. 27 at 4:54 pm
That was nice

. said...
Mar. 4 at 9:35 am
How pretty!

lucyyyyy217462873 said...
Mar. 2 at 5:16 am
this isn't a sonnet

GabbyobelarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 26 at 1:13 pm
This is my life.

alejandra e.❤ said...
Feb. 19 at 9:07 pm
I totally related to this sadly .

RealRiterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 18 at 3:20 pm
Nice! This is such a good poem!

GGaunsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 11:36 am
Describes exactly how I feel. Really good. Can you read mine and comment?? TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/753433/The-Unforgotten-Memories/

AustinRThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 22 at 10:57 am
Gorgeous, simply so well written. The sadness from this experience seeps through the words. Any of use who can relate immediately fell in love with this piece. Again, an amazing piece.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17 at 12:25 am
Beautiful. So sad though...

wildsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7 at 8:00 am

kennedyshineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5 at 2:08 am
I'm confused why this isn't in the magazine

DLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:26 am
This is a very inspirational sonnet, not hard at all to relate to

Paakhi said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 6:54 am
It's beautiful :) I love this poem

_xxmuxicismydrugxx_ said...
Your sonnet was very good. Im getting some inspriataion from it as well. I had the same thing happen to me. I met up with my best-friend and she wasnt the same. She walked different, talked differnt but the thing I noticed the most was her additude. She treated me like I was her butler and I didnt like it. The girl I used to know, was gone.

BlackNek0 said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 10:42 am
I like your sonnet its verry now. Many peots have started leaving the iambic pentamete and the rules. if you searched online you would find many famous poets not fallowing poetic rules one inculding shakespear himself. Your poem had feeling that is all that matters.

cheymars227 said...
Please stop being so picky about HOW she wrote it, just notice she got her story out and that it is beautiful. We shouldn't have to follow someone else's rules just to write a nice piece. Let her be, please. From a fellow "poet" one that doesn't follow so called laws of poetry

Caramel_Shades said...
honestly i don''t care about the structure the MESSAGE is amazingly and horrifyingly true. you'vejust inspired me to write about my brother his story is similar to yhour friend's look for it soon "Brother"