You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

YoungBeauty said...
today at 10:19 am
I love this poem! you put so much heart and soul into it. It make me so emotional as I can relate to this. Keep writing!!

Henrymcc8 said...
Jun. 9 at 2:05 pm
I'm glad that I saw thus poem. This is really sad, and it really touches my heart. It was also really powerful. Great poem! Glad I read it!

interestingchoiceofwords said...
Jun. 9 at 1:10 pm
Short, but powerful. Sometimes people can give poems unnecessary length, but yours was perfect. On top of that, you mentioned no names, no specific events, and yet you still have about 800 people relating to it!

Mr.WordExpertThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9 at 5:31 am
amazing.. lovey

FallenAngel11283This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 2:59 pm
Hello, I ran across your writing I'm very glad I found it. It's truly amazing my favorite line is, Your eyes no longer sparkle, You've changed since last September. Your a truly good writer.. Keep up the good work! I will be reading what you publish from now on. Have a wonderful day

Reni.Fowler33 said...
May 23 at 9:48 am
I love it! Its perfect!

kendal.26 said...
May 19 at 12:00 pm
This is truly amazing!

Nated315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19 at 10:52 am
its a wonDerful pieCe that you've wrItten. I can feel it! emotIon aNd the wORding is so PeRfEcT. tHAnk yOu foR wRiting This!!!!

cheetahsdontroar said...
May 17 at 4:08 pm
Wow. That was beautiful. You have true talent. Not many people can create sonnets that flow so naturally.

Skatergirl152This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 11:02 am
so beautiful

CoverFireStyx said...
May 4 at 9:32 am
Hey, im the changed one.

dpurdyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 12:19 pm
amazing poem

WhYsOsErIoUsSs said...
Apr. 26 at 9:51 am
Absolutely heart touching :)

Rogateeeeer said...
Apr. 26 at 8:02 am
interesting

da_goat said...
Apr. 26 at 7:55 am
Wow! Great poem! It's very deep-down and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this poem in some way.

TkennsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 8:46 pm
I was wondering if this poem was based off of one of your true experiences If anyone has time to check my work out I do mostly short free verse poems. I'll post a link in case anyone wants to check it out!

lizfergusonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 1:38 pm
Lovely work.

Hailea said...
Apr. 18 at 8:24 pm
amazing! finally some talent!!!

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 18 at 10:34 am
Amazing!!!

King said...
Apr. 13 at 7:28 pm
Thank you for this. I loved it, simple and strong.