You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

WestieraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:21 pm:
An elizabethan sonnet actually contains 14 lines with 3 quatrains and one couplet each line must have 10 syllables making it have an iambic pentameter

Bad_at_UsernamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9 at 4:20 pm:
A four stanza, sixteen line poem consisting of the rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gg

HermioneHainsworthThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23 at 6:03 am:
Amazing.. thats all I can say!

kayla will said...
May 19 at 9:46 pm:
A sonnet is a 14 lined poem... it's a literary device that poets use and is my favorite type of poems to write, it's almost all that I do write. I love reading them even more for even greater ideas!!

seriously said...
May 4 at 9:22 pm:
Will someone please tell me what a sonnet is?

Laugh_Live_WriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 9:09 pm:
This is a great poem! Short, sweet, and relatable.

TheDakotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 8:20 pm:
Try making it longer. It's good so far though :)

kayla will replied...
May 19 at 9:48 pm :
It's a sonnet... and it's supose to be fourteen lines. That's what a sonnet is. :)  ...I love them!

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17 at 10:26 am:
Great poem! Try working on keeping around the same number of syllbales in each rhyming line to give it a more constant rythem!

LittleMissFire said...
Jan. 12 at 9:43 am:
Your poems very relatable. I like it a lot  

Terry_A said...
I feel like I can relate to this since I saw an old friend a few days ago. They were really different from what I remember them as. Overall, great poem!

Buurrry said...
The poem is very relatable. You convey the disapointment of seeing someone change with out you very well. I enjoyed this poem.

Annneee said...
I love this poem so much. I loved the theme of fall incorporated into this. Also, I can most definitely relate to how people change, and not for the better. Great poem overall.

WinglessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really great poem! ^_^ I love it!

xG4RY said...
Why did you call this a sonnet? What type is it? It is written in Iambic Pentameter, tretrameter, monometer, ect? Did you even pick A Iamb, trochee, dactyl or anapest to start from? The rhyme scheme doesn't even really match a form of any sonnet.

Megan G. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 25 at 10:54 am :
@xG4RY, I agree. It's a great poem, but I wouldn't call it a sonnet. 

DreamWeaverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I've been looking for a poem that described how I felt on this subject. Couldn't find a good one until this one! It's beautiful. 

Merla said...
Sept. 11, 2013 at 9:55 am:
I liked this poem. It was simple and beautiful. I liked the flow, the spaces, the feeling. Good work.  

catwithglassesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm:
I'm not able to relate to this, but your poem is very well written. I can picture it.

SamanthaW said...
Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:31 pm:
I can really relate to this poem. I've experienced this quite a few times :/ You did a great job with it :)