Mirror, Mirror, I Am the Queen

By , shaker heights, OH
I look at myself
In the mirror.
Where your reflection
seems to appear.
And so I see exactly what I wanted
All my life
outside forgotten.
So I kill the one
who's done me wrong
And me myself and I
shall have our task done.
And so Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Who do I next want to see fall?

ShadowpomgurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Five stars! btw....scary!!

phlogiston This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:56 pm:
I loved this! Although I don't think it's a sonnet either. I totally understand how you feel! Keep on writing.

Luna557 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very nicely written, but is it a sonnet? It is neither Petrarchan nor Spenserian nor Shakespearean,and lacks the structured rhyme pattern and iambic pentameter. Again, I reiterate that it is very well written, and has an interesting subject matter.

youcanttouchmyswag said...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:58 am:
wow you are so discriptive! it makes me feel like i know exactly how your feeling when you wrote this poem.

GirlInJeans said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:07 pm:
I wished you had shown your name. You deserve all the credit for this. It's amazing! :)

Jinny_Hendrix said...
wow this is amazing! whoever wrote this must be a genius

Lynette K. said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 5:00 pm:
It's great! I love how it describes how the queen is only thinking of herself and what she wants. It describes what she really is.

dreamer_believerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
omigoodness. wow, it's a deep poem and i feel a lot of emotion! wow, it's strong. a little scary, but i get where your coming from ;) wow, it almost took my breath away. check out some of my work if you could, i would love your opinion. oh and 5 stars ;)