The Lawless Mind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When golden caskets horrors hold,
And lead are filled with treasure,
Is all that’s true that we are told
So far away from pleasure?
Harpies, Devils, Angels come
To twist and change our fate,
But how can we never succumb
To what we can’t relate?
Ever-changing artist of all forms you can devise,
Superstitions, all traditions, lie behind our eyes.
All things are one-sided farces,
All things are delusions.
Present and Historic subjects
All contain illusions.
Professionals can’t hope to find
Our comprehension flawless,
For of the aspects of mankind,
The mind’s the only lawless

JCloutier said...
That was incredible.  I enjoyed it very much.   Your writing style is quite similar to mine, you should check out some of my poems.  Don't stop writing!  

Gradof2016 said...
May 21, 2012 at 8:58 am
Nice Im not much for horror but thats great can you look at my poem and tell me what you think?

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh, amazing. A joy to read, the mind quickly accepts the hand-extended invitation to burrow, pin-pricking and concentrated. 

breathingjellyfish said...
This is absolutely beautiful. You're writing reminds me of Emily Dickinson. 

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 20, 2010 at 3:23 am

Smooth, well-written, fantastic ideas, great rhythm... 

in one word: beautiful.

Well done. 

SideraCaeli said...
This is great, very smooth, and it goes along greatly with a great meter. But I didn't understand the line, "But how can we never succumb to what we can't relate?" I think it would've made a little better sense if it said 'can relate' because if it did it would mean that it is easy to succumb to pressures and such when we can relate or want to relate to someone or the devil and angels :) But it was overall good

rebisayshi said...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 12:51 am
This is great and very true, I think. I had to read it a couple times to really get it!

xlivelaughloveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked this. (: It was a thinker poem...very thoughtful, indeed. Nice job~

riley... said...
Great poem that really stirred my mind!

RadLeY said...
Apr. 14, 2010 at 8:52 am
I thought this poem was great, good job.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 11:46 am
Wow! This is brilliant. I love it.
Hey, if you have time, will you please comment and rate my work. I will very much appreciate it. Thanks!