Bed of My Mistakes | Teen Ink

Bed of My Mistakes

By dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do" - Steve Jobs

Lying awake, in the bed of my mistakes, oh it’s time to face the pain, it never goes away.-
-Dying for a taste, of what I thought had loved me, oh it’s colder to embrace, cuz all she did was shove me.-
-Now this life is growing cold, the years I’m growing older, feel like quicksand on the road, that leaves me driving slower-
-and this time I fall again, The cross I carry slams down on my back, like every sin, is coming back to haunt me-
-Oh this ringing in my head, it won’t hang up the phone, because the line’s already dead, it’s trying to call me home-
-All these bridges I’ve burned down, to keep myself behind the line, so when i come around, you can’t say that I’ve crossed it.

I'm not really sure what this is or why I wrote it... I got jumped the other day and now I'm being expelled for fighting back... I've been recovering in bed for days and I just felt like writing something. this is what came out and so I'm uploading it. Hope you all enjoy