Summer Schoolgirl Crush | Teen Ink

Summer Schoolgirl Crush

By HeadphoneGirl GOLD, Dallas, Texas
HeadphoneGirl GOLD, Dallas, Texas

"And there’s always sadness in our lives. It’s that sad feeling that keeps us going."-Sailor Moon
"Just cause you're a girl doesn't mean you have to wait for a prince come along on a white horse." -Sailor Chibi-Moon

I wake up, go to school, go home, play video games, sleep, and repeat.
Nothing to look forward too, nothing to work for, until she came into my life.
Disconnected from the wires and binders and can name almost every kind of plant and tree.
She found an interested in my broken movements and serial killer laugh.
All she did was giggle and all I could manage to do was give a sad giggle back.
She may be a little flat; but for once in my shallow life I can look past that,
Maybe a 3D world with 3D women and boys ain’t that bad.
“I’ve never been outside this long.” “Why don’t you and I make our own song?”
Leading me to the underbelly of consciousness, a place I wish we could live in.
I’ve unlocked parts of me I never knew existed and you want to hold me every step of the way.
Whenever we hold hands I can’t hide my blush, this can’t be just a simple schoolgirl crush!
You claim to sense ghosts and can make magic just by uttering some words;
With charm like yours how could I say no; the more I look the more I see what you believe.
Running through the woods on that humid summer midnight, trying to rename every single star.
No I cannot bear to think of us parting; I want these nights to never end; I want to forever bask in your presence.
“I’ve never been outside this long.” “Why don’t you and I sing our own song?”
Leading me to the underbelly of consciousness, a place I wish we could stay in.
I’ve unlocked hidden passions I never knew existed and you want to hold me every step of the way.
Whenever we hold hands I can’t hide my blush, we’ve moved past just a simple schoolgirl crush!
Now the curtains are drawing to a close on our heat-laughed filled summer days.
My attraction and loyalty to you have only grown; I am the loyal companion to a warrior princess.
Yet when school comes around we will pretend to never have met, stay within our friends.
On the last night we had together I wept and cried, you sang me our lullaby and laid with me until I feel asleep.
The next day as I grabbed my things you pulled me into the woods until we reached the riverbank.
You held me hand and put your head in my chest and I just kissed you with no regrets.
She and I in matching white dressers held hands until the sun set; with one last kiss I left forever.
She is my angel, my princess; Is it wrong if I love being not straight?
This summer I learned a 3D world with 3D women and boys ain’t that bad when I have her.
Leading me to the underbelly of consciousness, a place I know we will secretly live in.
Whenever we hold hands I don’t try hide my blush, this wasn’t just a simple schoolgirl crush!

This tells the story of a female narrator's sexual awakening with an old friend from childhood who she spends the summer reconnecting with. They both develop feelings for each other and act on them on their last days before school, knowing when school starts they must pretend to not know each other and play their assigned roles, yet they both know that in secret they will continue their relationship.