Tonight | Teen Ink

Tonight

By realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington
realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington

"I don't know where I'm going from here but I promise it won't be boring." -David Bowie

I close my eyes and think of you, although none of this is really new. You're a disease in my thoughts stealing from my heart. A reality I can not own. A dream I can not wish. You're everything I can not have. All the things I can never touch. I'll close my eyes really tight and hope you won't be in my sleep tonight. I'll try to forget you like you have forgoten me. Only it won't be as easy because you never noticed me. 

I'll hold onto myself real tight, and hope I don't dream tonight. I'll be strong and forget my love for the boy I can never touch. It's alright I promise to no longer cry. This is the night I say goodbye to teh boy I should never love. Tonight I will move on. Tonight I'll only close my eyes.

I do not know how this came to be, you haven't even really talked to me. Yet something about you draws me in to believe that you could be the one for me. You're out of my league. I starve myself and cut myself and cry myself to sleep while everyone is dreaming their happy little dreams. Then there you go as you pass me by without a look. You're everything I can't be. 

Tonight I'll lie to myself until it becomes the truth. I no longer love you, there was nothing there at all. I've never loved you I couldn't have. You can't fall for something you know you can't have. You're like an expensive brand of clothing. You look good on the rack but you're too over priced, now it's time to walk away. I hate to throw stereotypes but I need you out of my head. This happens to be the only way. And if you ever do hear this song and know I'm singing of you just know I still haven't gotten over you. 

Tonight I won't wish to look into your eyes or for you to hold me tight. Tonight I won't need to dry my eyes. Tonight I'll let it all fade and hope it washes away like the rain pouring late late at night. I'll hold onto myself real tight, I hope I'll be fine as I cry one last time. 

Tonight~

I wrote this while laying in bed during a storm, I sent this to my friend because I had no paper. I'm working on the music for it now.