Hotel Room | Teen Ink

Hotel Room

March 7, 2017
By EliPiccone GOLD, New York, New York
EliPiccone GOLD, New York, New York
13 articles 5 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The brain named itself


Have you ever sat in a hotel room? alone?
Far from anything familiar? from home?
(The hour of peace leaving my brain half a piece, looking for peace, destroying my peace)

It's three now and I'm afraid I'll see more my brain likes to redesign my brain likes to distort it's going back to reorganize to fill my past with silly little lies. Taking past people and places and changing their names and their faces so far from my life where I left it in vases and cases with you... Scattered around your room, yet I left a trail of my life wherever I go, bread crumb lights littered expelled from my toes, each light so powerful only half a story though, only a teaser to where the trail goes.

Have you ever sat in a hotel room? Alone?
Far from anything familiar? Far from home?
(The hour of peace leaving my brain half a piece, looking for peace, destroying my peace)

It's three thirty the only thing familiar is the matress it's dirty, it's wet salt or sweat encasing me like a net you call this a bed?! I need the light from the the bathroom and the light from the loom of cars and buildings and everyone's stoops. But that puts me back home where I ought to be, too bad somebody already wrote that piece. Cause if I feel what they felt why can't I write what made others melt, if I feel the same way then why cut me off from my sway of writing something everyone loves, no I can't no copy and pasters are among the doves.  

Have you ever sat in a hotel room? Alone?
Far from anything familiar? Far from home?
(The hour of peace leaving my brain half a piece, looking for peace, destroying my peace)

I have so much more to say so much to relay so much to put away but my brain will decay. My body won't let me it's itching and tired it feeling what I wanted back when it expired but now it's four it's the last time I crack the door, to turn off the light and to give up my fight


The author's comments:

An experience I had at some point in time, somewhere.