Pretend it doesn't sting | Teen Ink

Pretend it doesn't sting

By Spacey SILVER, Yuu, Indiana
Spacey SILVER, Yuu, Indiana

Just like a heart cant break even, it cant ever be fully repaired either.

I loved you with all my heart. But you let the rumors tear us apart. Oh, and the pain is unbarrable. You only see my flaws. You put my whole life on pause. Yeah, you never cared about me, but I was to blind to see. Oh, you never loved me. You only judged me. You made me feel so worthless. Made me lose all purpose. So many tears I have cried. I should have known you lied. So many tears that I cry. All because of your lies. You were loving on her when you were supposed to be mine. You were such a waste of time. But my pain cant be put to the side. You dont care how I feel. But my misery is just to real.This time the pain is different because when you said "I love you, I thought you meant it.  So i'll do what I always do, and pretend I dont still love you. Ill just fake my smile, and try to be happy for a while. The suffering your causing me, probably doesnt mean a thing. SO when I hear your name, ill pretend it dosent sting. Ill just laugh the pain away. Watch verything e had fade to gray. Ill still shed a tear or two when ever I think about you. Because oh with out you, im lost in a worls that does not exist. Just know you will be missed. My eyes will be my shields. TO hide what I really feel. Imdrowning in pain, becaus eyou were so vain. It feelslike the end of the world, to no longer be your girl. But i will survive, no longer in your life. I might cry miself to sleep, because my pain is to deep. But i will have to move on, because now your gone. Ill live on my very last breath, as ,y soul sinks to dark dephts. But I hope your happy, knowing you ruined me. Ill never understand why, you wanna make me cry. But since you dont care about me, and my pain dosent mean a thing, when I hear your name, ill pretend it dosent sting.

This song is about a break up.

on Aug. 13 2016 at 10:15 pm
radicalchickster DIAMOND, Jericho, New York

"Never, ever, ever give up."

Here are some spelling corrections: *unbearable **you said "I was to blind to see", you should have worded 'to' as "too". ** Here are some corrections to make your poem?(short prose) flow better: "But my pain cant be put to the side. You dont care how I feel. But my misery is just to real." Instead of repeating 'but' in the next sentence,it can be viewed as "redundant". You can replace it with the following: "although my misery is too real." You said "my eyes will be my shields", there's gotta be a way to reword that it just sounds awkward in that context. Also watch out for your contractions: you keep forgetting to add apostrophes where they are needed. "To hide what I really feel." is not a complete sentence. **Again you keep misusing the word "to" in your writing- it should be "too". Not "to". NOTE: this is just honest feedback. You can do whatever you'd like, but if you clean this up, it will present a lot better and read smoother.