My Song | Teen Ink

My Song

By Ally7887 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan
Ally7887 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan

Every bad experience leads to something better, so why stress on all of the bad things when you can just enjoy every day for what it is?

My identity soothes me while I have a hard lesson to learn.
I don't know what is normal anymore.
You're a magician you caught me in your trap.
I'm waiting for a signal to escape.
You had moved me, all I could see was you. 
But, under it all I realized change is good and I have formed a new me. 
Do you ever wonder how your life got turned upside down, inside out, the wrong way round?
I want to be on a roll, off the dole, before I'm old.
Move on up the ladder of success.
Leaving the trash behind, I'll clear my mind step out of this madness and impress.
You can make a difference, you can save a life.
If you open your heart, if you dare to try.
Try to feel the pain people feel, you can share the love in your heart.
Help me to make up my mind, why is peace so hard to find?
What is it that I need to change or should I just stay the same?
How can I turn things around?
When's the right time to decide?
Who will help me with my life?
This world is heartless this world is so cold.
Must make a million before you get too old. If you don’t everything they say you should, You're not worth knowing.
You'll always be misunderstood.
But that doesn’t mean it is the end, I still have my one and only friend.
A sure thing is that I'm in it to win.

I wrote this piece to show how much the world has changed since our parents were teenagers. Back then, if you actually tried you could succeed. Now, no one cares about trying. We just sit back behind our electronics. Our generation doesn’t even try because we know that no matter what, we can't be the best. So, everyone just gives up. They aren't the ones who everyone looks up to. Those people would be the popular students at school, the celebrities we see on television, the rich people, and those who have the best stuff. Now a days, teens are bullied way more than they ever were. We can't get away from it, our generation now gets bullied online along with face-to-face. With this piece I wanted everyone to know that they are not alone. There are many people just like them. I wanted everyone to realize that life is a lesson that we all need to learn. I can't tell you what to do or how to run your life, but please just try to live to succeed. Everyone deserves a chance, and I think that if we all try we can make the world a better place for future generations. Make it through the struggles of life and just wait and see what you can do.