Gospel Word | Teen Ink

Gospel Word

By JaeNari BRONZE, Parkton, North Carolina
JaeNari BRONZE, Parkton, North Carolina

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? It proved that natures law is wrong, learned to walk without any feet. Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breath fresh air. ~ Tupac

It's at night I travel, another world I see. A world beyond imagination for the condemned, like you and me. We're separate fools with no guidance to the great I Am. I need another dose of the word of the lamb. You see, the light really does shine brighter on the other side and I really do understand the bigger depressions in life. You got a great war at hand, a fight that never seems to end. Children dying, people crying, where's a hand to lend. Everybody turns a cold shoulder when the times get tougher. Nobody wants to be a hero and now our people suffer. Some don't think about the smaller things. All they see are their needs, not the harm it brings. I look up to the skies and I pray for strength. I pray for a mind who shares the same wavelength.
I see so many deaths and tears, maybe one day we'll all be able to stick close together and say, 'look, I'm here.'
Somebody's probably out there crying tonight. A lonely life cause they lost their heart to the fight. A child left alone in the blink of an eye. His parents gone cause it's hard to survive. No one here to put an end to the hurt. You're not the only one waiting for the gospel word.
I'm just a simple person who's fluent in the art of observing. I thank God every time I see the bullets I'm curving. We've all seen the heart of the bad and the good. Living in the city ain't no different from the hood. Trying to get by, by any means. My heart goes out to all the suicidal teens. I know your pain and I feel the hurt, but staying strong is better than putting yourself in the dirt. Keep faith and never look back. I know it's hard, but you gotta keep yourself on track. Our time is dwindling fast. We got a lot to give before we can complete our task. 
I've seen the struggles and the monsters we fear. I hope one day I'm by your side saying, 'Look, I'm here.'
Somebody's out there probably crying tonight. A lonely life cause they lost their heart to the fight. A child left alone in the blink of an eye. His parents gone cause its hard to survive. No one here to put an end to the hurt. You're not the only one waiting for the gospel word.
The drama that puts our lives at risk is doubling.  The expensive pricing has become troubling. People begging for water, that ain't how we should live. Why don't the others acknowledge us, I know they got a lot to give. I'm tired of seeing my brothers and sisters doing without. I'm tired of seeing the big letters on news saying we're in a drought. I'm tired of hearing they're doing the best they can as an organization. I'm tired of seeing no one stand up for this supposedly great nation. What happened to all the needs that were supposed to be filled? What's up with all of our people being recklessly killed? I've spoken my share, but it's hardly enough. I hope it gets easier for us, I know it can be rough. I hope one day we'll be able lean on one another and cheer. That'll be the day we can say, 'Look, we're here.'
Somebody's out there probably crying tonight. A lonely life cause they lost their heart to the fight. A child left alone in the brink of an eye. His parents gone cause its hard to survive. No one here to put an end to the hurt. We're all still waiting for that gospel word.

This world was, at one point in time, so beautiful. It's a shame that it's crashing and burning. People have nowhere to go, the rich feud with the poor, children are being killed because parents can't or don't want to raise them. It's an absolute shame. I know what I wrote dies not begin to cover all the damage that is being done has been done, but I hope to shed a little light on the situation.