Letter to haters. | Teen Ink

Letter to haters.

November 17, 2014
By HuiBen GOLD, Perak, Other
HuiBen GOLD, Perak, Other
12 articles 5 photos 0 comments

If I was previously Achilles in a past life , a criticism would be my heel.

If I ever transformed into a one-eyed cyclops, a criticism would be the blind spot in my eye.

If I was a dog of any kind, a criticism would be my flea.

If I was nothing, a criticism would be my everything.

 

But I am not anything I mentioned above.

I am a human made from my parents' love.

I like every other humans have to face criticism sometimes. It's a norm like a traffic jam, you hate it but you can't avoid it,

Today I had a hard time dealing with criticism about my work that I put my heart and soul into, it was tough.

 

I went online to read news about my favorite singer who is about to release a new album tomorrow,

As I am her fan, I was singing her praises in my mind.

But lo and behold, other fans weren't as kind.

They criticized her for sounding too nasally and her pitch for being too high.

 

Did she work hard? Definitely. She trained and she trained and she still kept training.

And she was judged and judged and haters will never stop judging.

But I know she will never stop standing on stage with her very sweet smile even though she knows criticisms will come.

However, I want her to know that she inspired me, she taught me that we can never avoid what we hate, because if we do, we avoid what we love.

 

Haters come at me with all you got, and I will too.