The Disappointing Haircut. | Teen Ink

The Disappointing Haircut.

November 19, 2014
By HuiBen GOLD, Perak, Other
HuiBen GOLD, Perak, Other
12 articles 5 photos 0 comments

For years I've been cutting my hair the same way,

extremely short and kind of awkward looking.

Today I got brave, I was inspired by this adorably cute hairstyle.

Pixie style haircut, the haircut was on a TV character.

Although I am just a student, not a celebrity, I wanted to change my appearance and try something new.

 

It was the first time I ever brought a picture from the Internet to the hairdresser.

Usually he just cuts my hair very short.

I was shy and very embarrassed to ask him to style my hair like the picture's.

I was also afraid he'd say no.

He said yes and glanced at the picture for a while.

 

After a few minutes, of simple trimming and applying some gel on my hair, he was done.

My hair looked nothing like what was on the picture.

I was crushed, but was able to hide my disappointment from the hairdresser.

I thanked him and said goodbye anyways.

 

It wasn't the haircut that got me down, it was the fact that I took a chance and it didn't work out.

But then I realized, even though I didn't get what I wanted, at least I tried, and least I felt the excitement of taking risks and the acceptance that things sometimes don't go our way.

 

Am I going to give up? No way.

I'm going back tomorrow, and asking for the hairdresser to try harder to get me the hairstyle I want.