Cory's Eyes | Teen Ink

Cory's Eyes

By lovelylaura BRONZE, Vanceburg, Kentucky
lovelylaura BRONZE, Vanceburg, Kentucky

'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.'

I'm no good for you 

Your no good for me

No one understood us honey

But now it doesnt matter

The walls shattered 

No one to cover me

Your gone baby

CHORUS

Cory's eyes would keep me holdin' on 

That someday all the hurt would be gone

Yeah everytime 

I look in Cory's eyes

You vanished just like the wind blew you away

Now I'm countin' and prayin' everyday

And everything matters

Cuz the walls shattered

You tried to cover me

Now your gone and I can't believe

(chorus)

Oh Cory's eyes

Oh I wish I could find

I wish I could find 

Cory's eyes

I wrote this song about Cory Montieh and how he passed away. I wrote this song in the perspective of his girlfriend, Lea Michele. :)

on Feb. 16 2015 at 7:55 am
WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
Emotional but too brief for me. I don't really learn anything about their relationship through this, but still a well-written, emotional piece. keep writing!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I love your inspiration (RIP Cory Montieth) and the perspective you decided to approach with this work. That being said, there are a few things I think you should keep in mind. 1. Your spelling. Edit and polish your spelling. Misspelling distorts the overall work. "Your" for "You're". Big difference. 2. Add a few more stanza or a few more lines. Emotion is here; but I think you can add to it. Of course, we don't know every detail of their relationship but a few things. Overall, I think you have a great start to a great song. Just add some substance and polish your spelling (punctuation for lyrics isn't vital). Nicely done.

Ariel_Fluffyy SILVER, Los Angeles, California

"You May Encounter Many Defeats But You Must Not Be Defeated" By- Dr. Maya Angelou

I love your song! I can wait to see the video of it, if you ever do post a vid let me no so i can watch.

on Sep. 2 2014 at 9:04 am
lovelylaura BRONZE, Vanceburg, Kentucky

Thanks for viewing my songs! If you like my songs feel free to comment on them! I'd really like to know your opinions or tips or anything like that! Thanks :)

lovelylaura BRONZE, Vanceburg, Kentucky

Thank you so much!!! :) I guess I should've posted the chorus each time instead of putting the repeats. Anyway, your comment was so sweet! :)

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Wow! This is entirely outstanding!!! I love the perspectives you chose, and the emotion inside of these lines!!!! The only thing I would change (Nitpicking here) would be taking the chorus, and cop;y and pasting it below the word chorus, it would make for easier reading, but I don't mind flipping back and forth :) Other than that tennsy little detail, I found this amazing!!!! Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing your work on here in the future ;)

on Aug. 26 2014 at 9:33 am
lovelylaura BRONZE, Vanceburg, Kentucky

Thank you!!! :)

BThomas1313 SILVER, Vanceburg, Kentucky

"There are much greater things ahead than any we might leave behind" ~C.S. Lewis

Amazing!!! :D