Over You

Oh, one warm day, from sometime long ago, on a small plaza, just outside of a mall
I sat with three other boys who I’ve forgotten all, yet you stand in my memory tall
Sitting over there (handsomely beautiful), you laugh and joke with him all your girlfriends
Then he gets up (to scam a drink), leaving for a good long time
And you drop, something small, you then pounce on it, and look up

Our eyes connect, and you blush and grin with majestic heart made of light
Not caring what anyone thought of you or your lucid rationality
It felt like, there was only you and me, and was
L'amour pour l'éternité
But that was wrong because I knew you loved that boy who left to scam une boisson
So I tried to forget and erase that wetly colored pretentious memory
Yet even after, all this time, I guess that
I have never gotten over you

-Musical Interlude-

I never wanted to steal, but greed is a compelling thing, twisting my heart into awful knots
Like when our French teacher asked, “Qu’as-tu?” and you said, “Un cadeau de mon ami.”
Tomorrow for sure (I tell myself), I’ll tough up and tell her avec certitude
Through nights and days (and dawns and dusks), I never did so due to shame
And my mind, moves on so, rehashing that memory, till I’m heartsore

Our eyes connect, and you blush and grin with unadulterated life
Not caring what anyone thought of you or your luminous eccentricity
L'amour pour l'éternité
I have to admit I waited too long to sing my heart’s contents
Even so, even so, even so, I still sing this mangle ballad
And even after, all this time, I feel that
I’ve never gotten over you

-Musical Interlude-

You have always lit up the darkness in my cloudy heart
Even if you have never intended to do so
I hold you, above all, the other girls
For less than few are like you
Don’t worry about my heart, for I’ll move on and stash this feeling
And if I can’t I’ll come to you with flowers in hand and a simper on my face
I promise, I won’t hurt myself, ever
Until my time ends here

Our eyes connect, and you blush and grin just like I wish I could do
Not caring what anyone thought of you or your beauty
L'amour pour l'éternité
I just wish I could sing, and I could sing to you in front of me
No shame, no regrets, no pain, a sweet silent moment of peace
Even if you’re gone, or with somebody else, I know that
I’ll never get over you

TizzyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 24, 2013 at 5:23 am:
It's great!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Hey, TimexxFlies,  I am not saying you have to, but can you critic my "Lost in Wonderland"? Thanks!

The_CapricornianThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:22 am :
I'm not TimexxFlies, but yes, I'll look over your story later today.

Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:59 pm :
Um... It's gone...

today at 8:52 pm :
Hey Tizzy, I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I'm sorry I never got around to viewing your work.  I'm just trying to shove myself through school day by day and it's taking up a lot of my time, so it might take awhile before I ever do.  But don't worry, I havent forgot.

TimexxFliesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:18 am:
I just wanted to say that I have selected you for my WSS. :) You have a good talent, and you first mission is to write an article about a personal experience. I want it done by 11/15/13

Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:48 pm :
Same day as another project? -_-  No problem though, you won't be disappointed.

CalliashiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:25 am:
It seemed like a lovely poem but...a lot of it was in French. There was probably a reason and I bet it was poetic, but I, as well as a lot of people, can't read or speak French. Besides that the poem was wonderful and I liked the imagery and comparisons you made. Your point was still a little unclear but poetry can never really make a clearpoint, can Iit?

Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:15 pm :
Sorry for the french part, it helps with the flow of the song (Because the song that I molded this around was in Japanese for the most part).  In order of use, here's the translations: Love for enternity (repeated throughout song), What have you?, A gift from my close friend.  Hope that made more sense.

Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:13 am :
Oh, and une boisson is a drink.