Teenage Love Story | Teen Ink

Teenage Love Story

By PoetsCafe SILVER, Topeka, Kansas
PoetsCafe SILVER, Topeka, Kansas

In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems.
-- Dean Koontz

The past cannot be changed, the present is a reflection of what we were. and there is only a future if you never take a single step back.
-- James Lovegrove

I was fifteen when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts.
I’m standing there, outside the high school in the autumn air.
I see the hallways, the classrooms, the people.
I see you standing right next to me to say hello.
Little did I know. That we would fall in love and we would be in college,
And we knew we’d be together forever someday,
Cause we were perfect for each other and we knew we’d be okay.
And you said, “Baby, I love you. You don’t have to be alone. I’ll be waiting for you to run into my arms. I’ll be your boo if you’ll be my baby. It’s our love story, baby, just say yes.”
It took so long for me to finally realize. You were right there when I opened my eyes and saw the light.
You took me by surprise. And we would fall in love and we would be in college,
And I said, “Baby, I love you. You don’t have to be alone. I’m on my way. I’ll be running right into your arms. I’ll be your baby, if you’ll be my boo. Cause it’s our love story, baby, just say yes.”
We finally graduated. We finished college and we got our degrees. We kissed and celebrated.
Then you got down on one knee. And you said, “Baby, I love you. I want you to be my wife. We’ll be happy. We’ll go out and start our life. We’ll travel the world, and we’ll raise all our kids.”
I stopped him and said, “Don’t say one more word because of course I’ll marry you! I really thought you’d never ask. I love you and the rest of this is in the past. We’ll talk to our families and set up the date, because it’s our love story, baby I’m saying yes.”
Cause I was fifteen, when I first saw you.

TheWhiteAbyss BRONZE, South Fulton, Tennessee
I really love this, I can relate to it. I know me and my boyfriend will be perfect for each other. I was 15 and he was 16 when we met:) It will be 4 months on the 23rd, but it feels like weve been together forever. Thats how i want it to stay. :) I love the way this is put together! It complements itself very nicely! 

marialove3 PLATINUM, Port Angeles, Washington

"I'm excited for tomorrow; no i don't know what is going to happen...anything can happen. I'm excited because I know I have what it takes to make it a great day for me, but even MORE excited because I will make it a great day for others as well."-me

I actually really love the song Love Story

getdude56 ELITE, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Scenery is nothing more than poetry.
Love is nothing more than chemicals.
'Cause fairy tales are just scribbled pages filled with happy endings and little white lies.
One person can make a difference, but a crowd can make a change.

Taylor Swift - Love Story parody? Very well done.