Breaking the Ice

"I'm breaking the ice, you are not nice,
I'm getting cold, the curades are old,(e-yeah)
I am so tired, want to hibernate, I'm breaking the ice-no more frostbite!
Going somewhere warm-I'm leaving home,
sick of sho-vel-ing all the snow, I'm tired of you, I'm tired all-right,
I'm breaking the ice-right here tonight!
So when your out with your friends-again, I will be home alone......
Breakng the ice!"

KylineFThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:26 pm:
i love how you worded ur song

Butt-munch said...
i love it !!!!!!

Csquared This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how you kept a causal tone with the poem. It seems almost conversational. It's really simple and I like that. great job! :)

FiddleBunny said...
Cool! It'll sound good with the melodies and rhythm.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 10:29 am:
Pretty sweet yo! I ecspecailly like the dedication ;) I think you should proceed to write the song-- You know, like the music notes and stuff?

LexusMarie said...
Hey! I like the title, I didn't know where the poem would go, but I like the direction it took. It had a good attitude to it, really enjoyable. I like the emphasis on certain words. The ending was greeeeat! And I like your dedication:)

The.vampire.vlad said...
cool poem XD

WhenYouCantSleepAtNightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12, 2013 at 7:16 am:
I like it (:

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is cute. :) I can picture a little black cat flouncing around to it. ^.^ The first line is definitely my favorite.

MissExplorationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great lyrics, but I don't know if your intention was to have it all rhyme, or just have it at different places throughout the piece. I like your repetition of Breaking the Ice

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Playful but at the same time it expresses a sad thought. 

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:13 pm :
Don't worry guys she's not dead. Just a little older than before and definatley a grandmother!!!

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:26 pm:
Haha I like it xD