Do you live | Teen Ink

Do you live

By MaskRising BRONZE, Dayton, Ohio
MaskRising BRONZE, Dayton, Ohio

Fear not the man who can harm your body, but fear the beign wich can take your soul.

Oh say do you live behind the darkened shadows of a forgotten wall?
Do you live so deep in fear that you feel that you may fall?
Do you live in such solitude that you won’t allow yourself to see?
Do you live lost within the past not letting your memories be?

Finding no answers as you look to your heart, only to find out that it has already fallen apart. Without any light and the pieces remain scattered around, what remains of your love is now lost and not found. The light is but faded and casted away, in here I shall remain in the darkness I shall stay. Memories provide you warmth but sometimes they can burn, you let the pain linger oh when will you ever learn?

Oh say do you live heart broken feeling without a home?
Do you live amongst the people feeling all alone?
Do you live like an empty and broken shell?
Do you live as though every moment of your life was living hell?

You feel like your nothing and empty inside. Running from your sorrows finding no places to hide. You look out in fear and begin to cry, you know everything except for the reasons why? The light is but faded and casted away, in here I shall remain in the darkness I shall stay. Memories provide you warmth but sometimes they can burn, you let the pain linger oh when will you ever learn?

Oh say do you live twisted and evil, devoured by hate
Do you live in the light able to overcome your fate
Do you live here screaming my name
Do you live with your back turned, your head down in shame

No time for regret best put yourself up for a fight, you must carry on even if its not right. You are to stay strong if your to choose which path to take, whether to destroy or become the decisions always your to make. The light is but faded and casted away, in here I shall remain in the darkness I shall stay. Memories provide you warmth but sometimes they can burn, you let the pain linger oh when will you ever learn?