I'll Bet She's Beautiful | Teen Ink

I'll Bet She's Beautiful

By WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas
WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas

“Death in anonymity is the ultimate insult to human dignity.”
-Kathy Reichs

There was a girl, way back when. She was my friend. Until when, we lost touch, fell out, never saw each other again. I still remember her, but would she remember me?

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day.

I'll bet she's beautiful. The way she looked that day was so sorrowful, that I had lost my way. I never forgot that face, and the name shared the fate. From the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I looked at her, she was staring at the floor. I saw a tear or two drip off her nose onto the desk. I reached over, but she just pushed me away.

That one day, she went away, we were playing near the water. She saw her mom, saw the car, and told me that she had to go. She had time to give me a hug and goodbye, but to me, that was all the time in the world.

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.

I'd like to send a Shout-Out to LexusMarie, who gave me the prompt for this, and to all my friends who helped by giving me feedback on it. Thanks, everybody!
P.S. If the picture has nothing to do with the song, I couldn't see it.

WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas

-Kathy Reichs

Thanks. Even though you are miles away, you've become sort of a mentor to me. Thanks for everything. :)

on May. 30 2013 at 11:10 am
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hey! Long time no talk, eh? Well, I was really glad when you chose that prompt, I knew that you'd be able to turn it into something wonderful! I like the length of it, it's great. And I think all of the rhymes are wonderful, this flows really well. I also like the questions included, questions make any writing, that much better. I think the picture is really interesting and went well with this! I think this is a beautiful piece.. bravo.

WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas

-Kathy Reichs

Thanks, Kikixkupkake.

kikixkupkake GOLD, San Marcos, California

"The things that walk out when we open our minds." -Dylan McCoy

I actually love the picture for this poem. It works really well. This poem is so graceful and bittersweet. I can't decide if I want to cry for sadness or joy when I read this. It's wonderful.

WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas

-Kathy Reichs

Hey. The photo actually worked out pretty well with it. Kind of. I really love this poem. It reminds me of friends long since lost. By far my favorite poem of mine.