I'll Bet She's Beautiful | Teen Ink

I'll Bet She's Beautiful

April 29, 2013
By WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas
WolfsBane SILVER, Kerrville, Texas
8 articles 3 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Death in anonymity is the ultimate insult to human dignity.”
-Kathy Reichs


There was a girl, way back when. She was my friend. Until when, we lost touch, fell out, never saw each other again. I still remember her, but would she remember me?

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day.

I'll bet she's beautiful. The way she looked that day was so sorrowful, that I had lost my way. I never forgot that face, and the name shared the fate. From the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I looked at her, she was staring at the floor. I saw a tear or two drip off her nose onto the desk. I reached over, but she just pushed me away.

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day.

I'll bet she's beautiful. The way she looked that day was so sorrowful, that I had lost my way. I never forgot that face, and the name shared the fate. From the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.

That one day, she went away, we were playing near the water. She saw her mom, saw the car, and told me that she had to go. She had time to give me a hug and goodbye, but to me, that was all the time in the world.

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.


The author's comments:
I'd like to send a Shout-Out to LexusMarie, who gave me the prompt for this, and to all my friends who helped by giving me feedback on it. Thanks, everybody!
P.S. If the picture has nothing to do with the song, I couldn't see it.