I'll Bet She's Beautiful

There was a girl, way back when. She was my friend. Until when, we lost touch, fell out, never saw each other again. I still remember her, but would she remember me?

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day.

I'll bet she's beautiful. The way she looked that day was so sorrowful, that I had lost my way. I never forgot that face, and the name shared the fate. From the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I looked at her, she was staring at the floor. I saw a tear or two drip off her nose onto the desk. I reached over, but she just pushed me away.

That one day, she went away, we were playing near the water. She saw her mom, saw the car, and told me that she had to go. She had time to give me a hug and goodbye, but to me, that was all the time in the world.

I wonder where she is now. I wonder if she'll remember me. I just know, that from the way she looked that day, I'll bet she's beautiful.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:10 am:
Hey! Long time no talk, eh? Well, I was really glad when you chose that prompt, I knew that you'd be able to turn it into something wonderful! I like the length of it, it's great. And I think all of the rhymes are wonderful, this flows really well. I also like the questions included, questions make any writing, that much better. I think the picture is really interesting and went well with this! I think this is a beautiful piece.. bravo.

DJ_FoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:17 pm :
Thanks. Even though you are miles away, you've become sort of a mentor to me. Thanks for everything. :)

kikixkupkakeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 9:52 pm:
I actually love the picture for this poem. It works really well. This poem is so graceful and bittersweet. I can't decide if I want to cry for sadness or joy when I read this. It's wonderful.

May 4 at 7:17 pm :
Thanks, Kikixkupkake.

DJ_FoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 2:34 pm:
Hey. The photo actually worked out pretty well with it. Kind of. I really love this poem. It reminds me of friends long since lost. By far my favorite poem of mine.