We Are

“I Was”
Only a bottle of pills
And a rusty razorblade
Before you took them away.

“You Were”
Waiting patiently,
Your friendship outstretched,
Maybe you knew,
How much I needed you.
You were there,
Always there,
Talking to me with your eyes.
Waiting.

“We Are”
Innocent heaps of giggles,
Slouched beside each other,
On the basket ball court by the pond,
Trying to raise our voices,
Over the sound of the frogs.
We are snowballs in the face and back,
Clinging onto fleece jackets.
We are the fall of a clumsy girl in the kitchen of a castle,
Children playing catch with a golf ball.
We are honey and snickers and honey bunches of oats with almonds,
Lucky charms marshmallows,
And the vibrations of the piano.
We are the gentle pitter-patter of raindrops on cold skin,
And the silent booming of sweet thunder.
We are fingers entwined and goose bumps.
A much needed embrace.
We are in love,
We just don’t know it yet.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 1:09 pm:
So good! Your poem took my breath away. I hope to read more soon too, of your wonderful poems! ^_^ cheering for you! thanks for sharing this!

SaphiraBrightscales said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:40 am:
This gave me goosebumps.....you know how I'm a total non-believer, right? However this made my skin crawl. IT WAS THAT GOOD... I couldn't help but read it twice... I hope this isn't too weird Tevy....I'm SO HAPPY for you :D

TevyRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 29, 2013 at 3:42 pm :
Wow:) thank you so much for all those comments. and especially this one!! thank you so very much!! :D 

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
May 30, 2013 at 4:48 am :
WOW Tevy, I'm really overwhelmed by all that gratitude for what I thought  was a weird comment. You're welcome. Always. And I really like your writing. Hope to read more soon. :D Love, Saphira.

May 30, 2013 at 3:32 pm :
I didn't find it weird at all. Thanks again :D I'll keep posting!

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
May 31, 2013 at 2:02 am :
Well, That's great  :D

Mkath said...
May 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm:
I can really tell that this is bassed on real feelings. 

May 17, 2013 at 9:55 pm :
Thanks for commenting :D so how can you tell? 

Ali101 said...
May 15, 2013 at 10:46 pm:
I agree wilth Mckay! This is amazing ! Very welll done!

May 17, 2013 at 8:50 pm :
Thank you so much!! :D

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this. I wanna fall in love this way without knowing it. I like the Lucky Charms reference. I wish I had read this earlier. 

Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:26 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I actually wrote this about a friendship that was slowly turning into something more. Every word of it is true with deep meaning.   

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:07 pm :
Yes, I can tell. Did you ask this person out? Did it work out? By the way, I'm feeling better now. My thoughts are clearing up a bit day by day.

Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:10 pm :
This person asked me out in a round about way. :P I, of course, said yes. We're currently "dating" (It's more like the old fashioned "courting" when the guy goes over to the girl's house to talk with the family and stuff) Its working out wonderfully and I'm so happy. 

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I've been wondering how things are going. Did you make your decision? 

Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm :
That's great news. I hope everything works out with him. I really do. Ahh, young love.  So far, I'm well. No official decision...yet. Thank God they extend my admission offer till May 15; so I have a few more weeks to clear up my mind. Hopefully everything will work out as well. fingers crossed.

May 2, 2013 at 9:51 am :
Thanks, I'm sure everything will work out. 
Ah, well that's good! That will give you more time to make the right decision and think on it. I'll continue praying for you and your choice!! :D