Stand Your Ground

Your path has turned black
Your resolve has a crack
You can't see the road anymore
Your nightmares are knocking at the door

There's a darkness ahead
Your heart is consumed with dread!
And yet while you remain,
All other's have fled...

Stand your ground!
The world's not that dim!
It may feel like you've drowned
But there's still a chance to win!

When all the world is weeping
When the dragon's no longer sleeping
When your mind is darkened with fear
When life's no longer clear
When the rock you stand on has cracked
And failure is a fact

Stand your ground!
Give it a chance, see it through!
Even when fire is all around,
What can man do to you?

There's a hole in the road!
Your steps have slowed!
The chasm is so deep
It's too far to leap!

Stand your ground!
Even when you're unsure as to why
Or whether or not you're the real bad buy
Stand your ground...

When the last stars go out
When all is shadowed in doubt
When the skies are falling
When death is calling
When all hope is taken
And thy faith is shaken

Stand your ground...
Stand your ground...
Stand your ground...

EshshahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:16 am:
Cool song :) I like the message, although the rhyme pattern gets a wee bit old after a while :P but I can't write songs for the life of me so... heheh. 4.75 stars (and since we're rounding up...5!)

DoctorbugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 28 at 12:12 am :
Usually I think I'm too obvious with my agendas, lolz. Thank you for spending the time to read it Esha :)   Maybe I'll post some more, eh?

Aramis_LucettiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like the message. Some of your rhymes seemed kinda dum, but I can't rhyme anything so...  Any way, this was really good. Seriously. I LOVE the message. I especially like the ending with the ending.  Any way, 5/5 :)

Jan. 28 at 12:11 am :
Thank you so much, Aramis (maybe there's a warm heart in you after all JK muahahaha). Sorry I didn't see your comment before this. I've actually been working on my rhyming, so anyways, thank you!

Aramis_LucettiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 28 at 9:46 am :
secretly, i'm a nice person.... sh, don't tell any one ;)

Indigo.Knows said...
May 28, 2013 at 10:16 pm:
I love this! Great job! (And by the way, I wanted to give it 5 stars but I accidentally hit four!)

May 29, 2013 at 10:54 am :
Thanks!! :D

For-God-And-CountryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey this is a good song with a great message!  One thing is one line says 'Or whther or not you're the real bad buy'...I think you meant to say guy...but um yeah just attention to detail and such...

Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:05 am :
Yes, I did mean to say "guy". Thank you! :D You're awesome, Honor :)