Dear Diary

Dear diary,
Why won't he notice me?
Is it because I don't look like all those girls in the magazines?
Their perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfect everything...
Never going to live up to the standards on tv
Because when I look in the mirror all that I see
Is a flat chest, fat stomach, and broken dreams

Dear diary,
It's been 2 weeks since I've eaten
But it's like nothing has changed
I still feel beaten
I've tried everything from cutting down on the portions
To spending my afternoons gripping to the porcelain
The scale says I've lost 15lb
But I swear to God i still feel them around
And still when I look in the mirror all that I see

Dear diary,
They say I'm suicidal
They call me "sick" for trying to look like those idols
They just don't understand growing up with all these titles
Having to live up to all these expectation set by the media
Just for the off chance that someone will see ya
Let alone want to be with ya
In a world where perfect is the only key to exception
Anything else is just asking for rejection
But when I look around all that I see are these fat fried confections
it's like they're trying to destroy me
So i put up these walls for protection

Dee diary
why doesn't anyone understand
I'm not crazy
I've gone through it
I've got a plan
I know what I'm doing
And I'm doing it for me
So that when I look it the mirror
I don't have to see a flat chest, fat stomach, and broken dreams

Anathema-Equinox said...
Overall your song lyrics is strong, but your last stanza should have a stronger ending.  Also, make sure before you submit your work that everything is correct, and the way you want it to be.   lol This song lyrics remind me of Pink's song Stupid Girl, but I like your's better.   

iAmandaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You have some spelling errors in your poem. Some of the lines seem too long, maybe try to keep it the same length as the every line in the poem, if possible.  Your overall theme in this poem is shown through very strong.

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your last stanza needs a stronger finish, I wasn't quite sure what to think at the end. Good ideas, just needs some revising! Xo

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:14 am:
If you were trying to be cynical, or perhaps even sarcastic, then I actually think that the ending works. I liked how a few of your rhymes where imperfect (such as "see" and "dreams") because they made the lyrics sound less forced. I agree with the others that what you have written is interesting to read, so good job there. And I do think you got your point across quite well. Keep writing! :)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:41 am:
apart from that these lyrics are quite sensible, and not boring(like lyrics can be), there's still no positive message in the end. It's a confused ending, quite cycinal even, because it quite holds on with self-starvation-if you could draw a proper finish, and cut down on some too-long phrases in your second-from-last stanza, it'd be greatly an improvement. You have flair, keep writing! :) And if you can, do you mind offering your views on some of my stuff? 

Reversetrajedies said...
I love it. even though this poem -only states bad things about a girl.. I felt better about myself because I feel all those things to. You should take this mission on writing a poem where you state good things about yourself. If thats hard for you, that's okay. That is why it's called a challenge.

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
May 4, 2013 at 9:40 pm :
@Reversetrajedies actually i was trying to be a little sarcastic at the end there because its suppose to be from the perspective of someone struggling with an eating disorder and how they justify it to themselves but i wanted to make it end with a hint almost that its not completely logical if you know what i mean