Black Day | Teen Ink

Black Day

By A.-Athanatos BRONZE, Mount Sinai, New York
A.-Athanatos BRONZE, Mount Sinai, New York

"Leave the past in the past. Keep your mind in the present. And don’t worry about the future"

ATHANATOS
“BLACKEST DAY, THE SLUMS FOR LIFE (SSF) (DOUBLE S F)”
CHORUS:
Blackest day and coldest night. Till the flames rise with heat and light.
Through the light we still can’t see. We burn this all with dignity!
We take it all into our hands; we crush ‘em all, we’re a devils man!
So forget their lives, we’ll let ‘em burn. But help my heart, cause damn it, it hurts!

VERSE1:
Take the color blue so pretty and fine. Now take the shade white, its peace we can’t find. We let the slums burn cause either way the flames will rise. Let demons fly as death tolls run high. Packin blade's will shine, cockin all our 9's.
This is how we live. Suicide slums for life. Why can’t it be blue, blue skies with clouds of white?
Instead of clouds of gray, with the blood that'll rain. Fulin’ the fire, giving all the pain! Forget all the hate; give it up for a day. But we sit here let it spill and let the blood stain!
CHORUS:

VERSE2:
We spread these ashes as we pray at masses. Peace not lasting, to the devil we’re asking. Angers lashing as our hearts are bashing. Let’s all stay calm, but our wrists were slashing!
Cause young ones stay and young ones leave. Young souls die and are buried beneath. All the hearts that just do not beat hit the ground and accept defeat!
Blow the flames through the next day. They won’t die out I’m burning again! Burning again cause this won’t end. This s***’s forever, it’ll end is what they said! Guess they lied, cause we’re all dead!
CHORUS:

CHORUS:

End/ VERSE 3:
Go ahead and cry your tears. Live your life so full of fears. Double S, F, get away from here. But you cant it’s so hot in here!
The flames are up, damn their high! The slums forever; yea the slums for life!

this is how society is tearing down young teen lives, and we're doing nothing to stop it