You're Just Tan Lines

You're the books, untouched on the shelf
You're the post-its that never, ever fell
You're the lipstick stains on my mirror
You're why I see so much clearer
You're the tan lines of what was once there
You're the highlights of my grown out hair
You're the shades I once wore as a kid
A reminder of what I once did

[Chorus]
And it's the things
That you made me do
It's the ways
That you hold on to
Making me remember
Remind me

You're the lonely VHS on the shelf
You're the truth I always try to tell
You're the glasses that I outgrew in the past
You're the flowers in the field so vast
You're the raindrops at my windowpane
You're the sandwich that I've always wanted plain
You're the things my parents always hid
A reminder of what I once did

[Chorus]
And it's the things
That you made me do
It's the ways
That you hold on to
Making me remember
Remind me

[Bridge]
Oh, remind me
I'm forgetting, losing
Dropping all the bits
Forgetting, losing
Losing

[Chorus]
And it's the things
That you made me do
It's the ways
That you hold on to
Making me remember
Remind me

Remind me

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 6:34 am:
Another song lyrics! Sweet! Well, firstly these are EVEN better than the other ones, I mean not belittling that song, but this is just amazing. The first stanza really got me gripped. You are really good at this Jetta! Love it. Love it.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 11:44 am :
THank you!!! It means a ton, honestly. (: I appreciate it so much.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 1:17 pm :
You're welcome. Hey, I didn't notice, Jetta changed to Taylor hehehe, well I did love reading your stuff again, and look forward to reading more :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 9:00 pm:
I love the title, first off! It's pretty original. And the metaphors used in this are great. I want to hear this sung because it sounds great just read aloud. I tried to sing it, but I'm no Mariah or Chrisitna. Ha! Good job! Xx!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 3 at 10:58 pm :
Thanks so much! I'm not much of a singer either. ;)

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26 at 10:23 am:
I like this poem (especially the title :)) and I really want to hear this to music!  It's really interesting and not like any other song I've heard.  I can't explain it, it's just a cool song....and sorry this comment sucks so bad :S

Jetta_WroteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 26 at 7:20 pm :
You're perfectly fine. (: Thank you so much for commenting on, like, all of my work. x) You're awesome!!

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 10:17 am :
Well it's not like your articles are three-page-long-stories like mine :)

Mar. 27 at 9:43 pm :
I promise I'll check yours out!! (: I love how you write, btw.

Mar. 28 at 12:18 pm :
LOL well I really like your poetry (:

ClaireBearBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 28 at 10:30 pm :
Great job again Jetta! I agree with readaholic (btw, love the name), about wanting to hear it to music, but the thing is, I can already picture it to music, I was even as I read it. And that means its a good song!

Mar. 29 at 2:18 pm :
Thank you so much! (:

Mar. 29 at 9:38 pm :
Ok, just read the whole comment Claire, and thank you :)