A Long Way Down

Shes a daydreamer shes not good for much. All she does is dream of what she could become. What she doesn't realize is without doin anything now. It'll all start crumbling down.

Chorus: Its a long way down when you're high up in the clouds. Its a painful fall when you're dreamin you've got it all. Its a slowly fading memory when you open your eyes and finally see. Its a long way down.

Now shes 23 starin out the window dreamin about tomorrow. She was just a girl but now shes grown. To scared to try to achieve what she wants. So she pretends shes the movie star shes watchin now. She pretends shes the singer on the radio right now. Her life is goin by fast she hasn't realized it yet the lesson that is. (repeat chorus)

She cant stop cryin now cause shes seen the truth. But she knows shes got somethin to prove. So she'll make that dream come true. (repeat chorus)

ash57999 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this song!  It flows nicely and the word choice is great! 5 stars (now I want to hear you sing it! ^^ )

mollybug13 replied...
thanks :) i dont know if ill ever sing it but if i do ill let you know.

Diana101 said...
This was really good !  :)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this poem speaks on behalf of the whole world. Very relatble. Wonderful.

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a good start - I'd fix the grammatical errors and then work on the melody a little. But the idea is really good and relatable.

Sparkle1pops This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really good, the tune was kinda hard to understand though. 

mollybug13 replied...
Thanks. I'm still tryin to figure out the whole songwriting thing including the tune. Any tips?

Sparkle1pops This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:35 am
PIck a tune from a song you already know, then model your song after that. 

mollybug13 replied...
K. Thanks :)

StarlitSunrise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this! I'd love to hear it to music, but even just from reading it I can tell that it is very good. :)

mollybug13 replied...
Thanks :)  your work is really good too.

RarelyJaded This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't know much about how songs should sound (the rhythm) but your word choice and message was very powerful. Five stars!

mollybug13 replied...
Thanks:)  I wasn't sure if it was good or not. 

Soccer23 replied...
I loved it! 5 stars

mollybug13 replied...
thanks. :)