A Long Way Down

Shes a daydreamer shes not good for much. All she does is dream of what she could become. What she doesn't realize is without doin anything now. It'll all start crumbling down.

Chorus: Its a long way down when you're high up in the clouds. Its a painful fall when you're dreamin you've got it all. Its a slowly fading memory when you open your eyes and finally see. Its a long way down.

Now shes 23 starin out the window dreamin about tomorrow. She was just a girl but now shes grown. To scared to try to achieve what she wants. So she pretends shes the movie star shes watchin now. She pretends shes the singer on the radio right now. Her life is goin by fast she hasn't realized it yet the lesson that is. (repeat chorus)

She cant stop cryin now cause shes seen the truth. But she knows shes got somethin to prove. So she'll make that dream come true. (repeat chorus)

Alycia L. said...
today at 6:48 pm:
Amazing! Love the lyrics! I was actually singing this to myself, goes to show that this could be a real song! Have you tried singing it and finding a melody/harmony?

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:49 pm :
Thanks :) I didnt actually sing it but I figured it out in my head... singing it would be kind of soft and slow then at the chorus loud and not slow but not fast. And instrumental it would be a mix of acoustic guitar and piano then at the chorus add in a electric guitar,,,, I have a lot of time to think about melody.  LOL

ShahrierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 1 at 8:23 pm:
this is really good and you can feel it in your bones that this is a song, but can you do me a favor? what tune would you like people to read the lyrics? because im sure im not reading it as you would have originally created for. (also, if you can, please ate a look at my poems, thanks)

today at 8:46 pm :
Thanks! Sure I'll check out your work. The tune is kind of in between slow and fast so I guess Moderate and mostly guitar and piano. If you want to know anything else about the tune feel free to ask.

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Think really does sound like a song! I could feel the rythmn. People can really relate to this (and so can I). Great work!

Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:25 pm :
Thank you :) I checked out some of your work... you are a really good writer.

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, this sounds like a song to me already! I think a lot of people would be able to relate to this too. It flows so naturally and it seems very authentic. Good work!!!! 

Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:27 pm :
Thank you!

JulePearlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a beautiful song! The words have a great natural rhythm to them. Wonderful work!

Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:27 pm :
Thank you :)

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Gave this a 5! The verses are good, but I especially like the chorus. I can definately see this song having a good tune!!

Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:28 pm :
Thank you :)

Corin_WillowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This song was worth radio performance! Loves it and I wish I could hear it by a singer. I found you from your post.

Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:36 pm :
Thank you :)

Sydney33This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think this could be a really good pop song. Sing by someone like Tatlor Swift or Arianna Grande. It flows quite nicely.

Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:56 pm :
Thank you so much :)   *

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the optimism :) It's a pretty song, and you made the sad bits a little brighter with the last line. Great job! :D

Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm :
Thanks   *

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hi molly its Dawnie! I love this song, its great, especially for your first one! great job! 

Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:22 pm :
Thanks :) *