Beautiful in Yourself

The words that you say
Are beautiful in themselves
Syllables escaping your lips
Nobody but us
We're sitting and we're talking
Words against words
Just listening to your voice
Beautiful in itself
Nothing else matters

[Chorus]
Oh, when I'm with you
I can't hear myself think
Your beauty is distracting
Let's start subtracting
All the negatives
All the other things
'Cause they don't add up to
What is you and me

The things that you do
Are perfect in themselves
Sweet overflowing
Everything and us
Sitting and we're moving
Actions and actions
Just watching you move
Beautiful in itself
Nothing else matters

[Chorus x2]

'Cause when I'm with you
I can't help but feel more alive
When I'm with you
When I'm with you

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 8, 2013 at 6:31 am
Nice song. At first I didn't know it was song lyrics. But then when I read it, that's the only way it made sense. They are real nice.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 8, 2013 at 11:42 am
Thanks for commenting. (:

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
:) You're Welcome (;

flanny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it, while I was reading I found myself putting a rhythm into it

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 am
Loved this, the execution and the ideas! Beautifully simple:)

Thank you so much!