Invisible | Teen Ink

Invisible

January 14, 2013
By hnabanana SILVER, Urbandale, Iowa
hnabanana SILVER, Urbandale, Iowa
9 articles 0 photos 4 comments

V1:

And honey I’m surprised how you can walk by, are you completely oblivious to the tears in my eyes. To the pain in my heart, annoying’s what you are like a song on the radio that plays on and on. Yeah yeah oh oh.

And I’m in love with everything you do so how come in return that you can’t feel the same way too? And I don’t know why I’m writing this, it’s not like something good’s gonna come out of it.



Chorus:

Am I really that invisible? Cause last year we were incredible, but this year my heart has gotten 10 times more fragile. When I walk by, you don’t say hi, and it honestly brings tears to my eyes. So tell me, boy, am I really that in-in-in-in-in-invisible?



V2:


And I try to say that I am over you, but honestly that doesn’t really prove anything. And I sneak secret glances at you, with her hand in yours, and to me it looks like a beautiful story just waiting to be told. Except she’s not your Cinderella, she won’t stay under your umbrella as long as you would like. So how about you come over here, and I’ll make everything alright.

But you just walk right by me, but I still love you baby, because I know that you just can’t forget about what we had last year. No, you can’t get over it that quickly, come on baby trust me, I know. Yeah, I know, the hurt and pain she’s caused you, and how she secretly broke up with you in June, and now she came back and your arm will be draped around her shoulder soon.
And that picture will stay in my mind, much longer than I would like, but maybe I can forget about you tonight.


Chorus 2:

Cause obviously I’m that invisible. Even though last year we were incredible, and because of you my heart has gotten 10 times more fragile, because I’m that invisible to you. When I walk by, baby you don’t say hi, and maybe that’s why there’s tears in my eyes. So tell me, boy, am I really that in-in-in-in-in-invisible?


V3:

And honey I love all the times we spent together, and maybe, maybe, maybe, we could turn that into something that’ll last forever. And when I stare into your eyes, I pray that the would meet mine, but they never do. They never do, nooo!
And I hope that one day, I could show this song. And I could tell you the things that I’ve wanted to for so long. Say that I love you and that I always have, but sadly you’re like a precious gem that slipped right through my hands. And I want you, and I love you, more than she ever will!


Chorus 3:

But am I that invisible? Baby last year we were incredible, and this year my heart has gotten 10 times more fragile, oh. When I-

Baby, am I really that invisible? Cause last year we were incredible, and now my heart is 10 times more fragile. When I walk by, you don’t say hi, you just keep walking by, with her at your side. But tell me, boy, am I really that in-in-in-in-in-invisible?


Ending:

So, smile, smile, hide a million tears. Smile, smile, hide my darkest fears. Smile, smile, pretend he isn’t here! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Pretend that he’s invisible.


The author's comments:
This is a song that I write a lot of my songs about. This guy just always ignores me and our relationship is awkward, but last year, we were really good friends, and now we have no classes together. :( :( I dedicate this song to him.