What If? | Teen Ink

What If?

By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."

Verse 1:
Something's screaming inside of me just begging to get out. But no one cares enough to listen, and that's why I'm having doubts. Nothing is ever going to change so I'll never be able to see who I really am and who I could really be...

Chorus-
So what if I jumped off of a mountain? Would you scream for my name? Or would you just stand there with your hands in your pockets, then turn and walk away? Or what if I tried to just let go and the stress got to me? Would you stand by my side or watch me fall to my knees? I don't want to be wandering my life with a question in my mind... and that question is, what if?

Verse 2-
6 months passes and I'm still screaming trying not to fall so I'm still reaching. The same things are screaming desperate to shine, but right now I can't, because I have too many wounds to bind.

Chorus-

Third Verse/Change of beat/Chorus-
I'm still hanging on by a thread that's keeping me from falling to my end. I'm holding onto that string so tight, but I don't know if I still have the will...to...fight... So what if I jumped off of a mountain? Would you scream my name? Or just stand there with your hands in your pockets then turn and walk away? Or what if i tried to just let go, and the stress got to me? Would you stand by my side or watch me fall to my knees? But I don't wanna be wandering my life with a question in my mind and that question is... what if? Whoa oh oh yeah... what if? What if... What if?

This is about someone who feels like they have nobody by their side and they have nobody to rely on and they feel alone. It kind of describes me cause nobody listens to me a lot and i sometimes feel like I have nobody by my side a lot so this song sort of describes me. If it describes you, just know you are not alone. Keep reaching. I hope you guys like this and hope you will rate and comment :) Thanks :)