Ricochet

The bullets ricochet
As you shoot me at my heart;
I will not fade away—
For I will not break apart.

And you can beat me down—
But I will rise yet again;
I will smile—never frown—
For I will feel no more pain.

I am victor; you can
Be too—just let go your ways—
Boy, girl, man, and woman—
Here is to happier days.

No more violence, no more
Cruelty, no more beatings, no
More bullying, no more war—
Let your love show—let Love show.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Was this inspired by titanium by david guetta, because that is the vibe i got. I liked it. great structure and rhyming. Awesome! Keep rockin Mckay

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
YESSSSSS! I'm glad you noted it. Thank you.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Imjust came up with an awesome tune for this and a piano part. Once again great song!!!

Wow. Really? Wish I could hear it. 

Maybe I will post a recording....probably not. But hey, you could imagine it!!!!! I love the words. And the pictures. Awesome job again

I probably could. That's awesome either way. Keep rockin. Oh....sorry I didn't say that for your new poem. Totally forgot. ^u^

May 4, 2013 at 11:37 am
Haha thats okay :) almost done with the novel!!!!!!! Im still freaking out about it though: it has to be perfect!!!! Anyway...................... hows it going???

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my my my! This is just awesome. I love your rhyme and the word choice is just perfect! The title was what attracted me to it, but the poem itself turned out to be so much more that I had expected. Exceptional.

You're too kind. Who paid you to flatter me? lol Thank you so much!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:22 am
Well you sorta bribed me yourself with awesome poetry ;P

I try.  But I know it's not enough. :) Thanks.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this could sort of, make, song lyrics! A nice piece, 4/5!

Wow, thanks. You think it can be a song? I've never given that much thought. I will admit I was inspired by David Guetta's "Titanium."

jetta.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really great. Really well-written. I applaud you. (:

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.