Should Have Never Let You Go...</3 | Teen Ink

Should Have Never Let You Go...</3

By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."

First Verse-
I’m walking down a riverbank where I can’t keep my mind off of you. The days are getting longer, and I am getting weaker by remembering all the little things you used to do. I know our hurting right now, and I am too.

Chorus-
You were so sweet, so good, and so amazingly perfect. But one stupid mistake I did wrong ruined it. Your hair was black as midnight, and your eyes like winter’s snow. Now that years have passed and we are fading fast, I realized I should have never let you go…

Second Verse-
My thoughts are racing as I see you every place I go. Nothing could stop this aching feeling inside, except you. I felt so much for you, but there’s nothing I can do. The remembrance of you and me are starting to desperately fade.

(Repeat Chorus)

Third Verse/Chorus/Change of beat-
I’m standing here, crying tears, just trying to let go. All of the memories we had are now up in flames, as I hang up the phone. You were so sweet, so good, so amazingly perfect, and now I realize I never deserved it. Your hair was like midnight, and your eyes like winter’s snow. Now that years have passed, and we have faded at last, I realize I let the best thing that’s ever happened to me go. I don’t wanna let go, oh, but my heart is telling me I should know… I don’t wanna let go, I let you go, but I should have never let you go…</3

This is really personal. I was in study hall and started thinking about this song. There is this guy at school who i have liked/loved since kindergarten, and i haven't been able to get him out of my mind ever. Its like he doesn't go away. We were best friends, but he started getting girlfriends, and once i got glasses he never talked to me anymore... So i wasn't the one who made the mistake. I am still hurting... I wish we could start over so he could see who i really am. His eyes are blue and his hair is black:) This song was inspired by him.. i don't want to let go of him.. it feels like someday's i am holding on to nothing, but other times, i feel like i am clinging on to everything. I can't let go of him. Its hard to think he will never notice me... I hope he will see this article someday and know instantly its about him... cause i can never get him out of my head no matter how hard i try. He hasn't talked to me in 3 years, and that's tough. I just really hope he will recognize someday how much i loved him, and see this article and know in an instant how much i loved him..</3