Destroy Something Beautiful

Stay away tonight.
Turn off your phone
and pretend that I dont exist.
Erase these memories from your life
and act completely oblivious.

You wanted every inch of me
Something that I just couldn't give.
Now these photographs are ripped in two.
I kept them to remind me.
That this year has gone, and so have you.

Now I'm breathing on my own.
Without your lungs to stay afloat.

Hide away tonight.
I gave you the stars
But you brought down the sky.
Then you took your share, and left me to die.
And there amidst those blackend skies.
You've destroyed something beautiful tonight.

I'm better off now that I'm shattered and broken.
This is the last time I will be torn open.
I will not be broken.

So leave me in this place,
I would rather die here all alone.
Than spend time wondering about tomorrow.

I'm finally breathing on my own.

guardian_angel said...
I thought this was an excellent poem. I like how descriptive you are with your emotions.

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:56 am:
I can connect to this because i've delt with being ignored and taken advantage of. Also, i know what it's like to give away all you are to have the person just snatch your heart away. But i really like the inspiring tone in the end,just doing thing on your own and choosing to just stand up and live again. anyways, i really liked it, you did a great job, this is probally among my top 5 favs of your work

A_Fate_UnknownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm :
Hey Toran nice to hear from you again :D I'm glad you like it because it is one of my favorites as well :)

KipitamaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:19 am :
yeah, i have'nt been on in awhile,it was a tough summer. But i really like it because I have recently been a round people that i love but have to let go of. Hey, have you made this into a song? I think it would really sound great

Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:25 am :
If you ever have time, would you mind doing a collaboration story with me?

Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:13 am :
I've started to make it into a song, I haven't gotten any guitar written for it yet.

Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:14 am :
what kind of collab? like fiction? nonfiction? etc

Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:10 am :
whatever works for you

Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:55 am :
alright, well I'm down, I write alot of fantasy type things. I don't know how we can send it to each other though, do you have a facebook or something?

Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:41 am :
No I don't have facebook...only email...idk if they allow you to give those on here...do you go on any other websites?

Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:14 am :
just this and facebook really though i guess email works too.

Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 am :
okay, i'll try to give you my email, hold on. Give me yours too

Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:19 am :
hmmm wont let me post it

Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:26 pm :
Its my new user name no space then pikilo at (the sign at) yahooooooo minus the extra "o"s (kipitamapikilo)

Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:20 pm :
Alright lol I'll shoot you an email sometime soon.

Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:53 am :
Haha, alright cool :)

Aegis said...
Intense, especially in the second stanza. I could feel what you were feeling with every word.

ShesAWildflower said...
Very powerful. I could feel and picture your emotion :)

Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:36 pm :
thanks for the feedback! Yeah this of course is about a break up, but It is different in the regard that I actually feel better now that it is all over. I'm glad I realized I could stand on my own. hence the "Now I'm breathing on my own" line.