baby, baby | Teen Ink

baby, baby

take a good look at her now, she says she'll be gone soon. every night i look at her then pray to the moon. her hands hold so much life, if only she learned how to put down that knife. you thought she had it all together, thought she was string and never said never. she's got a smile on her lips and scars on her wrists and it's killing her. oh its killing her.
don't give up on us baby, baby, you are strong and tough. don't give up on us baby, baby, God made you, isn't that enough? take my hand, i promise i won't give up. take my hand i may not understand but I'm not giving up.
people talk and talk and talk, the rumors aren't true. what you hear isn't what you know, baby that's not you. the way you love, the way you laugh, gets us every time. now let me see that smile, that hasn't been there in a while. show them who you are.
when i look deep in your eyes, I see the real you. i don't see who your not, I don't see your disguise. I see the truth, I don't see all the lies. I see the teardrops you cry. and i see your asking why. well baby please put down that knife.
oh baby. baby you're strong enough. so take a good look at her smile, even though she'll be here for a while.

for anyone who needs it<3