Lip-Sealed

Clam shells closed shut--lip-sealed--
Shellfish lips! ungiving--
The pearl yet unrevealed,
Trapped in heart unloving--

Shut selfish lips of mine--
Always wanting--never
Giving--the tongue divine--
Sealed--clamped shut--forever--

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Another one that I like, mainly for the reason that I can relate. A lot of people think me rude, and sometimes I end up believing it myself. I honestly have to shut my lips to keep from screaming, and sometimes you lean when NOT to talk. I'm not sure if that is the effect that you wanted people to get but hats what I to. Keep rockin Mckay

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:43 pm :
Thanks for relating to this poem. Although you do give some new light to this poem. I kinda thought it was more of a love poem in some way; don't ask me: I'm not even so sure myself. Keep rocking and writing Laugh-it-Out. Always, Okay? No matter what.

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:53 pm:
This was a fun poem to read and it still had a lot of depth. I love the analogy of pearl trapped yet unrevealed. The simile between clams and lips was well used. Very nice

Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:54 pm :
I had fun writing this poem. But I thought no one would find it poeic but rather cheesey or plain stupid. Glad you found it to be entertaining. Thank you.