Lip-Sealed | Teen Ink

Lip-Sealed

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Clam shells closed shut--lip-sealed--
Shellfish lips! ungiving--
The pearl yet unrevealed,
Trapped in heart unloving--

Shut selfish lips of mine--
Always wanting--never
Giving--the tongue divine--
Sealed--clamped shut--forever--

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks for relating to this poem. Although you do give some new light to this poem. I kinda thought it was more of a love poem in some way; don't ask me: I'm not even so sure myself. Keep rocking and writing Laugh-it-Out. Always, Okay? No matter what.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Another one that I like, mainly for the reason that I can relate. A lot of people think me rude, and sometimes I end up believing it myself. I honestly have to shut my lips to keep from screaming, and sometimes you lean when NOT to talk. I'm not sure if that is the effect that you wanted people to get but hats what I to. Keep rockin Mckay

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I had fun writing this poem. But I thought no one would find it poeic but rather cheesey or plain stupid. Glad you found it to be entertaining. Thank you.

SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

This was a fun poem to read and it still had a lot of depth. I love the analogy of pearl trapped yet unrevealed. The simile between clams and lips was well used. Very nice