Not Me

Verse 1:
I am a blind man, in a maze that has no end. I am a weak soul, that can’t stand up without falling down. I am a hopeless child with nothing left. This isn’t me.
Chorus 1:
I’m not gonna break down ‘cause this is not over, I’m going to fight strong to reach the end. And if I can’t walk, then I’ll fly instead. I’ve got to push back and stand my ground, because when I look in the mirror, it’s not me.
Verse 2:
Right now I’m watching my dreams fall through my fingers, like grains of sand. I can almost hear the angels crying for me. When the darkness closes in, I know it’s not me.
Chorus 2:
I’m not gonna break down ‘cause this isn’t over, I’m going to fight strong to reach the end. And if I can’t walk, then I’ll fly instead. I’ve got to push back and stand my ground because when I look in the mirror…I see someone so blind, so weak, so lost, but not me. I’m not gonna break down ‘cause this isn’t over, I’m going to fight strong to reach the end. And I if I can’t walk, then I’ll fly instead. When I look in the mirror it better be me.
Bridge:
I see my image shifting character in the middle of a scene. I feel my heart grow cold with defeat.
Outro:
I wanna look in the mirror and just see me.