Texas Girl

(Verse 1)
I am like a wild mustang. / I live young, wild and free. / Here we talk slang, / and party past three. / I live my life on the edge and, / yet I still believe in fairy tales. / I play the guitar in a country band, / and I like to jump across onto hay bales. /

(Chorus)
I’m a small town country girl, / who thinks scars are her trophies. / I’m a Texas girl, / and that’s the way I like it. / Campin’, fishin’, and huntin’, / now thats the way I do it. / I’m a Texas girl yall! / Yeah, I’m proud to be a Texas girl. /

(Verse 2)
If I’m not barefoot I’m wearing my boots. / We southern girls know how to make a spark, / when we party out in the pasture dancin’ with our boots, / and then endin’ up in the creek after dark. / I think about my Prince Charming, / and if I ever cross your mind. / I’m always singin’, dancin’, and partyin’. / I would just lie and say your not on my mind. /

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
In the summer I like pink lemonade, / and ridin’ my bike down dirt roads. / We have big pool parties that include fake grenades, / to scare the parents and if only we could turn them into toads. / I like shootin’ things and playin’ with fire, / ain’t nothin’ more fun that that! / I can change a tire, / now guys how do ya like that?! /

(Chorus)

(Verse 4)
As a little girl I was the most wild. / Finally I’m forced to face the truth and, / I think of my dad when he said that ‘life is hard and so is love child’. / Being a Texas Girl is worth a stand! /

(Chorus)