same damn thing | Teen Ink

same damn thing

By Trista GOLD, Airdrie, Other
Trista GOLD, Airdrie, Other

You can't miss what you never knew.

drivingg on the 45, traffic's so thick that i hate my life. i don't know why i try its the same damn thing just a different lie. now I'm going' nowhere fast, always have a place to be, but i have no gas. so I'm drivingg on the 45 there's an exit here but will it waste my tI'me?

getting' fired from the job of the month, same damn thing just a different chump. telling me how and where doesn't matter where i go 'cause there's no one there. so i took a turn on a lonely road, someone could have told it gets this cold.
so now i point it north and head for the freeway its about that time i find me

going' back to school, same damn thing just a different tool. build me up, make me proud. one sharp turn head first in the ground. understand there's room to grow, too bad it took this long to know.
so ill point it south head back to town finally seeing everyone's around.

drivingg on the 45
traffic's so this
i don't hate my life
not the same thing
but a different time
now I'm going' somewhere fast
somewhere to be
so ill make the gas
now I'm driving on the 45
took the scenic exit
did it waste my time?