Put my Heart Back on the Shelf | Teen Ink

Put my Heart Back on the Shelf

January 25, 2012
By LoveInTheAshes SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
LoveInTheAshes SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Young and Reckless, Live Like your dieing


Disney got hoping for a happy ending, I was so stupid to believe

You snapped me back to reality, you were really the enemy

I’m just another girl in your masquerade, just another player in your love charades

I lost all I knew for you, can’t take back the things we’ve said, and now as I lay to rest in my bed,

I was wishing for a happy ending, but all I got was never ending, pain.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen your face, but it’s better off that way.

Cuz If I ever see you around, I know it will break me down.

Cuz I’m not perfect, you made me feel like I wasn’t worth it. I cant stand the pain.

You told me not to hate the player, but to hate the game.

But I cant stand you, you tore me in two.

I’ll tell you what, you can go put my heart back on the shelf that’ll be better for my health.

You just wanted me to believe, so you could just leave.

I though it would be never ending, but who were your really kidding?

All the pain, I’m just glad it didn’t last longer, but what you really did was make me stronger.

I haven’t talked to you in a while, but just the other day, I thought I’d say hey.

We had little talk, and it brought up a thought.

You weren’t worth it, so I think I’ll just go ahead and bite the bullet, and say.

you can go put my heart back on the shelf ,that’ll be better for my health.

You just wanted me to believe, so you could just leave.

I though it would be never ending, but who were your really kidding?

All the pain, I’m just glad it didn’t last longer, but what you really did was make me stronger.

But your just another guy, you were all unable to realize just how much I have cried.

All the sleepless nights I have endured, all the memories, I just want to fast forward.

You never realized just how much I cared, but you wouldn’t of heard, over your stupid music you blare.

But you have no idea what you’ll miss, the feeling of my kiss, there too much to list.

So This is my finalized goodbye, to just another heartbreaker.

you can go put my heart back on the shelf , that’ll be better for my health.

You just wanted me to believe, so you could just leave.

I though it would be never ending, but who were your really kidding?

All the pain, I’m just glad it didn’t last longer, but what you really did was make me stronger.


The author's comments:
Disney movies always give the message that everytime you fall inlove, there's a happy ending, but that moment when your heart is broken, it shows you the real truth, that some guys just shop around for another toy to play around with, but my heart isn't a toy, so he should "put my heart back on the shelf"