When the Stars Weren't in the Sky | Teen Ink

When the Stars Weren't in the Sky

By Acts1338 PLATINUM, Audubon, Iowa
Acts1338 PLATINUM, Audubon, Iowa

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."-Bob Marley

When you’re yelling at me I can honestly see that you’re not thinking bout tonight your minds on the fight but im far away drifting to another day…
What if when you’re thinking to yourself about the things you did today about the argument we had before you went to bed my heart stopped beating and my life was fleeting?
?
Would you remember the night when my body lost its life? When we fought until we screamed and the stars weren’t in the sky? When the moon covered the sun and sleep wasn’t enough to ease the conscience in our heads but we forced ourselves to bed? When under the moon beams in the sky I cried and I cried and by the morning light before we could apologize I had died?
?
Will the memory of my face haunt you in every place? Will the memory of me never fade? Did you think that we would apologize after losing steam in the morning? It’s a shame, I’m afraid, I lost more than steam that night… I lost my life.
?
?
I know that you found me to apologize, you know I wouldn’t believe it to be lies. I know the tears you cried you cried for me, you know the day I died I believed you were sorry. I know you still feel you did me wrong, you know I wouldn’t have held it against you long. I forgave you that very night, long before I saw the light.
?
please let this angel wipe your tears. Let me take away your fears. From the highest of the clouds let me make sure you’re okay. Let me watch you from above and assure you of my love. never forget that im always in your debt for the life you shared with me and remember in the end I was truly sorry.
?
?