Bleeding Ink

I bleed the ink of subtle allegories.
Intentions masked behind metaphors and stories.

These cries all fall on deaf ears.
Lessons lost to time and Forgotten over years.

They read our pretty lyrics but it inspired nothing.
So naïve to think I could make you feel something.

Standing tall on five foot stages.
Angry words and pretty faces.
Spotlights follow every single move.

I close my eyes and the show goes on.
My words, a burning symphony.
The crowd all sings along.

They want to take the passion in my veins.
And bottle it as a commodity.
I am not some cheap novelty.

Blood red ink is seeping through the seams.
You’ll never know what this means.
But by the time you read this,
Ill be gone.

Mashley310 said...
I love it! Great word choice and figurative language! :-)

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 11:37 am :
Thanks Mashley :) This is kinda just about my old band being a bunch of sellouts. and people who claim to understand my lyrics, but clearly didn't hear a word that I said. Just band drama. lol.

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:54 am:
My favorite part was "They read our pretty lyrics but it inspired nothing. So naive to think I could make you feel something" That was awesome. Ever thought about making this a song? And do you really have a band? If you do, that's totally sick man.

prettygirl85 said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:47 pm:
Wow this is...wow! "And bottle it as a commodity. I am not some cheap novelty." Definately my favorite lines(:

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:38 am :
yeah it is one of my songs for my band. I do have a band! :)

prettygirl85 replied...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 1:03 pm :
awesome! Ive tried singing in a band and it didnt work but then again I have stage fright, bad combination

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:31 pm :
Lol...i did at first, got over it pretty quickly though

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:03 am :
That's really awesome you have a band. The closest thing Iv'e got are two elementry kids, three high schoolers, a laughing dove, and home made drums and drum sticks(popcicle sticks:)) At least we have a real mic.:)

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:23 am :
That is really awsome you play in a band! and great job on this poem! I love it, great wording!:) Keep up the amazing work!!

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:35 am :
haha well you might be able to use the three highschoolers. I just graduated last year so I'm not much older than that lol.

Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm :
Thanks, I'm totally inspired lol:)

Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:41 am :
What would be a good band name for a group of highschoolers that are slightly rebelious but super epic? Ideas anyone?:)

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:29 pm :
hmmmm Im quite fond of the name Clothing Optional. :)

Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm :
haha. That actually doesn't sound so bad....wait, let me check that with my mom :) Idk if she'll like that name with a Co-ed band( But I totally love it:) )

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 7:44 am :
Ha, I agree with you; it does sound like a great title:)

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:28 am :
Oh, and hey..Can anyone check out my new work? titles are, "Sparks My Love", "Silver Moon", and "Hold Ground". Thanks alot yall!:)

Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:37 am :

Yeah, I'll try to check them out soon:)

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:40 am :
Thanks Toran..:)

Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:09 am :

Anytime:)

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:18 am :
so will I!!!