War-Torn-Nation

You force others to fight your war.
While you sit back just keeping score.
Richer than god yet you're crying out for more.

Government sanctioned slaughter of civilians.
Line the pockets of political villains.

We are the flagship of peace and prosperity?
The innocent die young, and the murderers go free.

I won't die for your American dream.

This is the land of the free and home of the brave?
We die for a country that sends our children to their graves.

Call me a traitor because I won't submit to your will.
You can lead me to the bloodbath.
But you cant make me kill.

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Though I completely disagree with the idea behind this, I do think it's really well written. Great job :)

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:38 am
dont see what there is to disagree with. Im all for the soldiers who fight the war, just not the politicians who start them.

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:56 am
OMG! This si awesome! I wanted to write something like this but I didn't know how! You really put it there! Awesome job!

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:02 am
Heh....I just have a problem with the mandatory draft. Your forced to sign a draft and fight their wars while they sit and count their money. This whole patriotism is total b.s. they use that as an excuse to get you to die for them.

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:00 am
I agree. I was watching this sort of documentary about exploiting everything the nation was hiding. They did this sort of test where they asked all the senators and really powerful people if they'd sign their kids up. They all just walked away. Whereas, they went to parking lots and asked people who were less fortunate if they would die for they're country and they all signed up with smiles. All I know is, I don't want to die for something, if it's only going to kill more people and make matters... (more »)

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:39 am
oh wow, thats sad. yeah just our whole system is flawed to me. The people in power should be required to serve in the military themselves so they actually know what their doing and what the consequences of thier actions are.

That sounds like a really good plan. Maybe if they knew what it was like to be us, they would not judge so much

Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:15 am
http://teenink.com/users/Nickolas Please check out this guy's work he is amazing...and pass it on:)

Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:16 am
http://teenink.com/users/Nickolas Check this guy out:)

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
yeah for real haha

So umm.... What else.... I really do like this song, and also I'd love to hear your band sometime. Anyway I could?

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
We don't have anything recorded yet we just go around n play local shows. 

A_Fate_Unknown replied...

Awwww! I really wanted to hear a performance by you guys!!!And yes, for once in my life, I'm pouting!

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:18 am
im sorry. =/ ill try to get some stuff up asap

Thanks so much. And, this is totally unlike me, but thank you so much for writing and singing what you feel. It means a lot more to me than you'll ever know.

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:24 am
Your very welcome.

Hey, can I ask you something ? Why do humans endure so much pain? Much pain they inflict upon themselves? Why do we long to be loved, but force ourselves into solitaire?whats the point?

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
To that I cannot be sure...However from my own experiences I would say that seeking love is just human nature. Now as for why we endure pain I think that its just basic instinct to try to survive. And so many of us are too scared to see what comes after death, I know I am. I think that people inflict pain on others because they never really grew up, its how they survive. just a different way of doing it.

Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:51 am
Well, that makes  a bit more sense. Thanks for responding, I was beggining to think you thought my question was stupid. Though I admit it was....impulse.