Broken

Lost inside the rubble that used to be my life until I saw your face and realized that there is no such thing as a perfect life; no matter what anyone thought you were always gonna be there

Now I’m broken and scarred but you’re looking past that and you’re seeing the girl inside instead of me plasticized; everyone is telling me what I should be but you’re willing to take me, scars and all

You say you can’t imagine life without me; but I don’t believe you because I’m nothing extraordinary, I’m extra ordinary but for some reason you like that; I’m just battered and bruised not worth your time

Now I can’t find you all the colors are gone outta my life it’s all faded into a black nothingness; the only thing I hear is the echo of your voice saying goodbye then the door slamming in the distance

Then I hear the sound of an alarm; realize I’m dreaming, and you’re asleep next to me; you don’t know what the demons in my head are trying to do to us; only you can see through the shadows, through the rubble

Now I’m not so broken anymore…