if the world does not get to you......

(verse 1)
in the dark corner in a locked up room screaming out don't trust yourself. i live behind these eyes, these thoughts are no longer mine. nor do i try to keep one for myself.

(pre chorse)
i rattle the cage and my monster comes out to play

(chorse)
i'd hide, but i try to fight, turning into these lies consuming the life i wanted. save me from my monster

(verse 2)
truths and questions lye behind these protective walls. protecting me from my life i ounce held so dearly.
who am i to speak my mind so boldly stepping out of line.

(pre chorse)
i rattle the cage and my monster comes out to play.

(chorse)
i'd hide, but i try to fight turning into these lies consuming the life i wanted. save me from my monster

(verse 3)
ive fallen to my knees and talked to God. pray these voices go away. it would be better if i were gone. if they don't silence i'll believe them.....

(pre chorse)

save me from my monster....

Annie.C said...

I know you want me to be harsh with criticism, but I don't have much bad to say :) I loved it! It was hard to understand at first, but some of the best poems are like that. I especially liked the third verse.

aisch replied...
thats actually the style i aim for, as that style is what i like to listen to the most. i listen to a  lot of panic! at the disco and fall out boy so i love writing stuff that is harder to understand and you have to decode more. 

Annie.C replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:58 am
I like that too... it makes the reader remember what they've read for longer because they have to think about it more...