Anything | Teen Ink

Anything

By Devers SILVER, Richmond, Virginia
Devers SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Dream a little dream for me.

My world is based on other peoples opinions. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one.
In this big world I feel so very small. All my friends say I'm crazy they think I'm just me they don't think I can be something more. But oh they should just wait and see.

Chorus-One day I will be whatever I want to be weather they like it or not. I will climb the highest mountains and swim the deepest oceans. I can be a superhero or an astronaut oh just you wait one day.

They say I'm a dreamer they say that's all they say I won't belong. But I just kick them aside and say oh just you wait one day. Hey I may be a dreamer but that's okay. We all got to start somewhere on this avenue A. So we might have a few bumps on the way but just you wait oh one day.

Chorus-Oh yeah one day Ill be whatever I want to be weather they like it or not. I will climb the forbidden city stairs and swim the deepest oceans of unknown one day oh one day.

They all say what they know but what they don't know is there wrong about a lot of things. I don't even care. Because what they don't know is that there to school for cool. Too school for cool. Hmm yeah.

Chorus- (Sings softly) Because what they don't know is one day I will be whatever I want to be weather they like it or not. Ill get some where when there still there when I'm either a rock star or even a super hero or maybe an astronaut or maybe a cowgirl who knows either of those work because I'm me and nobody else can take that oh no body else can take that.

(Whispers) Anything.

Dream, anything then you'll be anything.