Rewind (The Invasion) | Teen Ink

Rewind (The Invasion)

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Let's rewind
Let's go back in time
Before she came like the pod people and took over your life.

Let's go back to the time
Christmastime
When we sat around playing with those Hannah Montana Uno cards Tony won as a White Elephant.
We sat around laughing 'cause you'd steal all the Emily Osment cards and stick 'em in your back pocket 'cause you thought she was hot.
Of course that was before the invasion.

Before she came and ate your soul right outta your chest.
Before she whispered those sweet sweet nothings and you sold your soul for a cheap cheap kiss.
Before she came in the form of a truck-drivin' redneck and stole the heart of a naive little boy.
Before the invasion.

Let's rewind
Let's go back in time
Before she came like a bloodsucker and shot you with a silver bullet.

Let's go back to the time
Springtime
When you put on a cape, deemed yourself Udder Joy Boy and flew around the world rescuing damsels in distress.
We sat around laughing as you ran into people and they cussed you out.
The kids would leap outta the way of the innocent superhero.
Of course that was before the invasion.

Before the invasion.

Let's rewind
Go back to the time when sarcasm was our main form of communication.
Let's rewind
Go back to the time when you were the go-to-guy for any girl in need of a fake boyfriend.
Let's rewind
Go back to the time when you and Kevin would scream like little girls, runnin' through the forest, spottin' the itsy bitsy spider.
Bacl to when you would rather have fun than worry about what other people thought of you.
Back to when you had friends.

Before the invasion.

Oh, and about the whole bloodsucker, silver bullet thing, I know it's wrong, but it sounds cool.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Apr. 6 2011 at 10:18 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

That's alright. I'm kind of a dark writer and not everyone likes that, but thanks for your comment anyways. :)