We The People | Teen Ink

We The People

By Jbirdmidgett BRONZE, Newton, North Carolina
Jbirdmidgett BRONZE, Newton, North Carolina

We the people have the right to say what we think. We the people must stand our ground. We the people have the right to achieve our dreams and learn the secrets of the world around us. Some people think they have the right to crush those dreams. Some people think they can push us down. We keep it bottled and put all of it to sleep. But when it starts coming out.

(Chorus)
It makes us feel like we're falling down. We lose our strength and power. The ruins are all around. It makes us feel like we can't handle it all. But we the people are here to catch you when you fall.

A shout-out to the less fortunate who run around wishing they'd die. A shout-out to those who have been through all of this and still feel like they're in their prime. These people who want to die have had people who took their pride. These people who have been through it all still have something to hide. And when it starts coming out.

We the people have the right to sing. We the people have the right to fight. If anybody has a similar dream then don't just let it hide. Lets let it come out.